It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:07 am

Skins Library?

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
sgtevmckay

Re: Skins Library?

Post by sgtevmckay »

Gallery 2 is exactly what I was thinking; of late

The cataloging, presentation, and DB search are very solid an familiar

I am unsure of what you mean by Bastardized
gschoppe
Developer

Post by gschoppe »

well, gallery2 is really meant to be an image showcase, not a link repository... while it may be perfect for the job, it is twisting its purpose a bit.. hence, bastardized.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Ok, gotcha :lol:

But hey if it fits the bill!

I have downloaded now, and am seeing the the easiest way to integrate the cooliris.
Cooliris has a number of ways of doing things now, but I am studying or the option with th eleast impact.

Bare with; I am not awake yet
jing

Post by jing »

I am looking forward to it. When will it be available anyway? Hope it will available soon.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

I will be forward in saying that it could be some time.

My current thinking is that we will have to make this thing from a ground up to start; in as much as
getting current information for current skins.
creating an initial DB, with links images and quick details.
and then getting skinners/Gurus on the ball to submit their skins, and links, to the new Library/ gallery DB
There is also the issue of cataloging skins that have been "abandoned" or lost to the internet. but are still relevant.

I want a comprehensive list that will miss nothing; if at all possible.

After much discussion the current feeling is that we do not wish to take away folks from the sites that have worked so hard to support the Rainmeter skinners, therefore we will direct to the sites in existence. This will be our way of continuing to support sites like Devart, wincustomize, Customize.org, skinbare, crystalXP, and the like. Since these sites are donation and click based we do not wish to deprive them of their supporting income.

That being said there are skins I can get a customize, that can not be downloaded from devart, and this true in several cases where the skin may have been posted in one site.
Therefore, this gallery/library will compilate the links to all available known sites.

It is my hope that the skinners will continue to utilize the sites that they have used in the past as a way of supporting those sites and saying thank you for supporting rainmeter over the years.

We may eventually bring the skins "inhouse", but not at this time.

Give us time, we only just started, and this forum is less than 60 days old, thankfully we have already drawn years of experience and experienced people.
The expansion and where we are now is more than I could have wished for or envisioned.
Thanks goes out to you and all the Rainmeter supporters.

Rainmeter, this forum, and the supporters will grow.
I firmly believe this.
This will not be a "Fly-by-night project"
We are here to stay 8-)
Fidcal

Post by Fidcal »

Apologies for digging up this old thread but as a newcomer having just discovered and downloaded Rainmeter, my next step was to search for what skins are out there. I searched for 'rainmeter skins library' which brought me here. Did anything become of this? I've not yet found any central 'official' indexed list of links to skins.

I'll keep browsing these forums but nothing stands out yet which surprises me. Seems that an organised index of available skins would be paramount. I found a link to Deviantart which left me confused even though the link said there was a huge amount of skins. I missed something then. :confused:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Fidcal wrote: February 1st, 2019, 5:17 pm Apologies for digging up this old thread but as a newcomer having just discovered and downloaded Rainmeter, my next step was to search for what skins are out there. I searched for 'rainmeter skins library' which brought me here. Did anything become of this? I've not yet found any central 'official' indexed list of links to skins.

I'll keep browsing these forums but nothing stands out yet which surprises me. Seems that an organised index of available skins would be paramount. I found a link to Deviantart which left me confused even though the link said there was a huge amount of skins. I missed something then. :confused:
The best places to get skins are:

https://www.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/newest/

Share Your Creations category on Rainmeter Forums

There is no "official" repository, nor will there be. Storage space and bandwidth we don't have aside, skins are created by the "community", and it is not up to us to be involved in vetting skins or in any way passing judgment on them.
Fidcal

Post by Fidcal »

Thanks for reply, though I was thinking more of a links library rather than a repository. I mean, for newcomers to find easily. Even if it only had those two links from your post. But anyway, I'll search those and search around elsewhere the hard way. Thanks again.