It is currently April 25th, 2024, 10:26 am

Couple of notes on BBCodes...

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Couple of notes on BBCodes...

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:
  Tell me what you think?
This was taken as a direct pull from the lightest available color
Of course any available single color scheme can be adapted as well  
  I think that looks pretty good! :D  
GhostMatrix
Rainmeter Sage
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 45.5658°N, 73.5898°W UTC -5

Post by GhostMatrix »

:D
jsmorley
So the thought "bubbles" don't have to be white, in fact that cream color might be better to blend in with the actual thought, just needs to be the same size as the original and have the little bubbles go right up to the edge so it blends in with the main thought bubble nice.
Understood! now that I see the full lay-out of it ...

Btw I make a little Png just in the case that you need "Help", to thank you because you have made great images of "GhostMatrix"
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=3107#p3107
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=3119#p3119

:)
GM

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://www.kwikpiks.com/files/47/Rainmeter forum/JSM_Help.png[/IMG]
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 0.1

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

GhostMatrix wrote::D
Understood! now that I see the full lay-out of it ...

Btw I make a little Png just in the case that you need "Help", to thank you because you have made great images of "GhostMatrix"
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=3107#p3107
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=3119#p3119

:)
GM

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://www.kwikpiks.com/files/47/Rainmeter forum/JSM_Help.png[/IMG]
Grabbed it.. Thanks!
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Ok, I think I have completed and cleaned up the essentials.

I found the links in the Header.HTML for the IRC, but apparently Rorix may have then associated to an outside widget.
I have no issue with this and it would be an easy fix.
We just need to find a new widget client, if you exists at all, and that will integrate , or not, to the members sign in (This may easily be done as well)
I would still like to find a forum chat solution outside of IRC, do not get me wrong, I love IRC, and I have been re-learning after a decade.
The problem I am seeing is that a lot of our members are not comfortable with the IRC.
So Maybe another solution? :?

I am going way outside of where my current homework has taken me :oops:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:Ok, I think I have completed and cleaned up the essentials.

I found the links in the Header.HTML for the IRC, but apparently Rorix may have then associated to an outside widget.
I have no issue with this and it would be an easy fix.
We just need to find a new widget client, if you exists at all, and that will integrate , or not, to the members sign in (This may easily be done as well)
I would still like to find a forum chat solution outside of IRC, do not get me wrong, I love IRC, and I have been re-learning after a decade.
The problem I am seeing is that a lot of our members are not comfortable with the IRC.
So Maybe another solution? :?

I am going way outside of where my current homework has taken me :oops:
I looked just about every mod for in-forum chat and either they were terrible or took so much modification that you had no hope of ever again staying current with PHPBB or database upgrades. This could be a big messy project, are you sure there is really enough interest? I'm not a big "chatter" myself, and when I am in the mood, IRC works fine for me. I can write a tutorial for setting up Chatzilla in Firefox and one you have it configured, it's a breeze to use...
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Agreed

I would still appreciate a widget or forum addon that would allow members to join, minus additional software.

I know we were given the option last night by Tanth111 I think (aka. Froggy something), but the ability to click in and out was great.

I have been seriously reviewing the chat options and admittedly that is some scary s**** :shock:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:Agreed

I would still appreciate a widget or forum addon that would allow members to join, minus additional software.

I know we were given the option last night by Tanth111 I think (aka. Froggy something), but the ability to click in and out was great.

I have been seriously reviewing the chat options and admittedly that is some scary s**** :shock:
Good luck. I hated all the ones out there that I could find. They either were embeds you put in a post (so people couldn't keep using the forum while chatting without a separate tab opened with another copy of the forum running in it) or mods that just made a mess of the theme and / or took so much php modification to PHPBB that there was no way I was going to destroy my upgrade path. External widgets are fine, but they all have to be "served" from somewhere, which probably means one of the existing chat / instant message services like MSN/AIM/Yahoo/Google etc. and then you have the issue of people needing accounts on a service they may not use otherwise just to chat here.

After a while I just gave up on the idea. We have Ventrilo and mostly just voice chat anyway, and back and forth on the forum seems to meet the texting needs.