It is currently April 26th, 2024, 8:54 am

Suggestion !

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Suggestion !

Post by dragonmage »

I agree that marking the title as resolved is probably the better system. A new user or guest looking for a quick answer might not know what the icon means, but "resolved" is easy to spot.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:I agree that marking the title as resolved is probably the better system. A new user or guest looking for a quick answer might not know what the icon means, but "resolved" is easy to spot.
That's a good point. I was sort of looking at it from the standpoint of the regulars who could then see at a glance which topics in the "help" forum still were unanswered / unfixed, but you are right that the icon is only going to mean something to regulars and won't help new users or guests much.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

We can use both. Take a look at the Rainmeter Help forum. I started putting in the icon and a label at the beginning of the title.
GhostMatrix
Rainmeter Sage
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 45.5658°N, 73.5898°W UTC -5

Post by GhostMatrix »

Ahh ... so it's better to use the term "Solved"
Sorry for my bad English! :?

GM
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 0.1

dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Actually either would work, let's take a vote on the proper verbage to use and icon designation. Firstly, what suggestions do you guys have?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:Actually either would work, let's take a vote on the proper verbage to use and icon designation. Firstly, what suggestions do you guys have?
I like "[Active]" and "[Solved]" ok... For the icons, if we are going to stay with what is there now and not do custom ones, then I like the ? question mark in the circle for Active and the ! exclamation point in the triangle for Closed. I'd be ok with the star or mrgreen for Closed too..
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Ok something simple.

A small graphic of a "?" for Active

A small graphic Check Mark for Solved

Two Icons, and the terminology should be easily and innately translated