It is currently June 2nd, 2020, 1:12 am

Suggestion !

Discussion about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
sgtevmckay

Re: Suggestion !

Post by sgtevmckay »

@ GhostMatrix- Sam

It is the Smiley you have listed as Moderator that I appreciate :D
User avatar
GhostMatrix
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 142
Joined: April 18th, 2009, 8:26 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 45.5658°N, 73.5898°W UTC -5

Re: Suggestion !

Post by GhostMatrix »

@ sgtevmckay
Moderator28x28.png
The Gif was just the first sketch of it ...

Image

;)
GM
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 0.1

Image
sgtevmckay

Re: Suggestion !

Post by sgtevmckay »

Coiulds many folks as possible go over and see if the Post Icons are active to you in the Beta testing forum.

Thanks in advance :D
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 20676
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Suggestion !

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:Coiulds many folks as possible go over and see if the Post Icons are active to you in the Beta testing forum.

Thanks in advance :D
They sure are...
sgtevmckay

Re: Suggestion !

Post by sgtevmckay »

Damn :? :shock: :D

Stand by :twisted: :roll:
sgtevmckay

Re: Suggestion !

Post by sgtevmckay »

I think I got all the forums, but am unsure.

What a nuisance: why not just a global setting similar to the PM setting :roll:

Oh well. Everyone's got their thing.

If I have missed a forum, please advise, and I will get it squared away ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the suggested alterations.

Suggestions?
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 20676
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Suggestion !

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:I think I got all the forums, but am unsure.

What a nuisance: why not just a global setting similar to the PM setting :roll:

Oh well. Everyone's got their thing.

If I have missed a forum, please advise, and I will get it squared away ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the suggested alterations.

Suggestions?
What I would do is set it to just two icons. if you want to stay with what is already there, you might use the "?" icon and tell folks to use it when they post a new "problem". When the problem is resolved, the owner, a moderator, or the admin can change the icon to the "!" to indicate it's solved.

You could also replace those two icons with something else, they are in:

forum/images/icons/smile/question.gif
forum/images/icons/smile/alert.gif

So you could replace those two with any .gif or .png image you want. Keep it simple and use the same names, but with different images. (if you use a .png, just RENAME it to .gif, it will still work)

Maybe GM could come up with a couple of cool icons. Maybe a thunderstorm for a problem and an umbrella for solved... ;-)
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 20676
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Suggestion !

Post by jsmorley »

All the work (except uploading if you want to overwrite a couple of the icons with new ones) can be done here:



To remove an icon choice, just uncheck "Display on posting page".

Note they are NOT all in the same directories... and you DON'T want to mess with "embarrassed" or "mrgreen" as they are used as regular smilies as well as topic icons.
Last edited by jsmorley on June 26th, 2009, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgtevmckay

Re: Suggestion !

Post by sgtevmckay »

Oh ya , I got that part. I am attempting to cull this down to just like 3 to 5 , which may be needed, and custom Icons if necessary

Some thing Simple
Open
Testing
Fixed

Something like this, but I am starting to brain fry, especially after the PHP battle
I won, but at what cost ;)

it is a good thing I love what I do :D
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 20676
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Suggestion !

Post by jsmorley »

sgtevmckay wrote:Oh ya , I got that part. I am attempting to cull this down to just like 3 to 5 , which may be needed, and custom Icons if necessary

Some thing Simple
Open
Testing
Fixed

Something like this, but I am starting to brain fry, especially after the PHP battle
I won, but at what cost ;)

it is a good thing I love what I do :D
Up to you... I suggest two. question and solution. If we try to turn this into some kind of mini "trouble management" system we will just be disappointed as folks won't use it that way. I think the original idea of "marking a topic as solved" so we don't keep working on the issue is simple, sufficient and all that is needed. Just my two cents. The "perfect" is often the enemy of the "good"...