It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:03 am

Save search settings

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
JpsCrazy

Save search settings

Post by JpsCrazy »

Personally, when I do a search I hate seeing about 50 posts from the same topic that are just quotes or keywords.

So, I make sure to display Topics only.
And when I think about it I chop down the post date limit and how many words are shown.

All in all, I think there should be an option to save your settings for the search so you don't have to fix it every time.

Also, now that I'm talking about it...
The search should disregard anything in quotes.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Save search settings

Post by jsmorley »

JpsCrazy wrote:Personally, when I do a search I hate seeing about 50 posts from the same topic that are just quotes or keywords.

So, I make sure to display Topics only.
And when I think about it I chop down the post date limit and how many words are shown.

All in all, I think there should be an option to save your settings for the search so you don't have to fix it every time.

Also, now that I'm talking about it...
The search should disregard anything in quotes.
The search for phpBB, with all its limitations, and it has many in my opinion as well, is built into the code and will not be replaced unless they upgrade it in a future version of phpBB. If however, you use the "google" link at the top of the screen, you may find it more satisfying in some ways. It is a "custom" google search that searches only here and the manual in the CMS.