It is currently April 26th, 2024, 10:53 pm

The new Rainmeter Guru Group

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: The new Rainmeter Guru Group

Post by dragonmage »

Tsunami isn't really a rain event though, it's a seismic event. Typhoon would be more appropriate.

Rainmancer sounds kinda cool.
GhostMatrix
Rainmeter Sage
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada 45.5658°N, 73.5898°W UTC -5

Post by GhostMatrix »

"Sage" is nice ... but "Rainmancer" is better because it more related to Rainmeter.
I like it! 8-)

GM
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 0.1

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Any final suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will place an board election for this in the next few days, once I get some things worked through with some of the fearsome five.

Apologies for my absences, once I get this Ubuntu WiFi issue ironed out on my laptop, I will be around more often :D
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Just visiting the forums and noticing that my name is colored lavender O.O . So I checked and apparently I'm a "Sage" now. What a great honour :). Especially since I don't have that much experience. I only released 1 skin until now and try to help every now and then if a question doesn't seem too hard to answer.

While I do appreciate being selected to become one of this group, I'm also wondering why I was chosen over so many other people that have done and are doing equally much and more for the community. Seahorse, for example, answers as many questions as he asks, which is a lot ;). I'm also wondering why I was ninja-added to this group without being asked before :???:. It's not that I object, but being qualified as a Sage might cause people to ask me complicated questions I don't have answers for ;). Asking me before putting me in such a position would have been nice.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

MerlinTheRed wrote:Just visiting the forums and noticing that my name is colored lavender O.O . So I checked and apparently I'm a "Sage" now. What a great honour :). Especially since I don't have that much experience. I only released 1 skin until now and try to help every now and then if a question doesn't seem too hard to answer.

While I do appreciate being selected to become one of this group, I'm also wondering why I was chosen over so many other people that have done and are doing equally much and more for the community. Seahorse, for example, answers as many questions as he asks, which is a lot ;). I'm also wondering why I was ninja-added to this group without being asked before :???:. It's not that I object, but being qualified as a Sage might cause people to ask me complicated questions I don't have answers for ;). Asking me before putting me in such a position would have been nice.
Sorry, I was really just testing some changes to security and ranks, and chose you as I have noticed that you are particularly helpful - and most importantly, you are accurate, validate your responses before you post them, and don't just shoot from the hip. What we envision for the "Sage" status is just a way to let folks know that an answer from this person is reasonably "trustworthy", although goodness knows we all make mistakes from time to time.

We will probably be adding some more folks to the list of "Sages" over time, but I want to be clear that it is not based on how many posts a person makes, but on the general friendliness, helpfulness and accuracy of the help.

You are right that having this rank could cause you to get the occasional private message asking for help, or other hassles you may not want. I can remove that status if you would prefer. In the future we will send a private message to anyone we are considering. You make a good point.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

It's alright. I thought something like this could have happened ;). I'm not angry or anything, just a little surprised and flattered. If anything this will encourage me to be even more helpful ;)
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

MerlinTheRed wrote:It's alright. I thought something like this could have happened ;). I'm not angry or anything, just a little surprised and flattered. If anything this will encourage me to be even more helpful ;)
"No good deed goes unpunished" ;-)