It is currently April 24th, 2024, 6:30 am

Some work on the main Rainmeter.net site

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Some work on the main Rainmeter.net site

Post by jsmorley »

Did some rework on the "slideshow" on the main http://Rainmeter.net site. We often are asked where to get the skins in the slideshow on the main page, so I thought I would fix that...

I took a random sampling of some nice skins from devArt, and the slideshow now links to the author's deviation on devArt.com.

I will try to mix it up from time to time as I see nice new skins floating around.
sgtevmckay

Re: Some work on the main Rainmeter.net site

Post by sgtevmckay »

:thumbsu: :D
Digi

Post by Digi »

excellent improvment jsmorley mate and a great taste in choosing the skins :Super:
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=85][center][b]H.E.R.O[/b][/center][/url]
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1525][center][b]V.I.S.O.R[/b][/center][/url]
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/index.php][center][b]Rainmeter Help[/b][/center][/url]
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Excellent :thumbsu:
bendenfield

Post by bendenfield »

good work :thumbsu:
karmat

Post by karmat »

I just noticed that, thanks for including one of mine! I'm not sure when you did it, but my screenshot at DA now has almost 800 views with 106 from today. So it shows people are definitely clicking on them! I gave a heads-up to a few of them.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

karmat wrote:I just noticed that, thanks for including one of mine! I'm not sure when you did it, but my screenshot at DA now has almost 800 views with 106 from today. So it shows people are definitely clicking on them! I gave a heads-up to a few of them.
Good deal... We may not realize it from the activity here, but a LOT of people are "lurking" here that never create an account. There are generally always at least 25 and often 50 or more "guests" on the forums at any time.
karmat

Post by karmat »

karmat wrote:I just noticed that, thanks for including one of mine! I'm not sure when you did it, but my screenshot at DA now has almost 800 views with 106 from today. So it shows people are definitely clicking on them! I gave a heads-up to a few of them.
I can't believe how many people are coming to Rainmeter.net. Since I posted the above info, my screenshot has had another 1500 views in 7 days!
bendenfield

Post by bendenfield »

Just a little idea:
Would it be possible to include all SOTMs in that slideshow? Or at least the most recent ones?
That would probably encourage some more people to send in their suggestions...

I'm not sure, though, what would happen with the ones that are currently in there... :?

Just my :2cents:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

bendenfield wrote:Just a little idea:
Would it be possible to include all SOTMs in that slideshow? Or at least the most recent ones?
That would probably encourage some more people to send in their suggestions...

I'm not sure, though, what would happen with the ones that are currently in there... :?

Just my :2cents:
I'd rather not. Skin of the Month skins are not always a good fit as they are often not full desktops or otherwise just don't fit appearance-wise with what I am trying to do there. Some do, some don't. So I can risk hurting someone's feelings by leaving them out. I'd rather just mix it up from time to time with devart submissions that catch my eye.