It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:32 pm

Rainmeter Documentation\Manual

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
FuzzyLizard530

Rainmeter Documentation\Manual

Post by FuzzyLizard530 »

Maybe this makes too much sense, but why not put the Documentation in a skin that comes built-in with rainmeter? That way, you don't have to be online to look it up [which is a problem I constantly run into :-( ]. Thoughts?
I may or may not have a signature in this, very location...
Mordasius

Re: Rainmeter Documentation\Manual

Post by Mordasius »

FuzzyLizard530 wrote:....you don't have to be online to look it up [which is a problem I constantly run into].
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=86842#p86842
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

The manual alone is like 10 times as big as the current installer. There is NO chance we are going to turn our 2meg installer into a 25meg installer, for the 4 people who are not constantly connected to the internet while they are working on skins.

People will only download the installer for the "release" version once, while we might change the docs a hundred times during the life of a release version of Rainmeter. We are constantly tweaking and improving it. We have no interest in having an "offline" manual that is not 100% sync'd up with the "online" manual at all times. That just causes confusion and heartache trying to support users.

The .zip at Offline Rainmeter Manual is always 100% current with the online manual. Download it, unzip it, run TinyWebStart.bat, use the manual. Done? Run TinyWebStop.bat, and it is put away til you need it next.
FuzzyLizard530

Post by FuzzyLizard530 »

jsmorley wrote:The .zip at Offline Rainmeter Manual is always 100% current with the online manual. Download it, unzip it, run TinyWebStart.bat, use the manual. Done? Run TinyWebStop.bat, and it is put away til you need it next.
In my best Australian accent: "Noice!"

I didn't know this was out there, so my apologies for the request. I had gone looking for something like this when I first got started with RM, but hit nothing. So, thanks for the info!

...and again, sorry!

I may or may not have a signature in this, very location...