It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:18 pm

Revamping Rainbow_Pearl board "style"

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Revamping Rainbow_Pearl board "style"

Post by jsmorley »

I have been doing some work on the board style Rainbow_Pearl, to make it fit better with our new main site at http://Rainmeter.net

To give it a try, just click on "User Control Panel", then "Board Preferences". There will be a pull down menu with the available board styles. Choose Rainbow_Pearl and click "Submit". To change back to your previous style (assuming you don't fall in love with the new one) just repeat the process.
11-8-2009 12-53-07 PM.png
Still working on it, but getting there... ;-)
Chewtoy

Re: Revamping Rainbow_Pearl board "style"

Post by Chewtoy »

I thought something was suddenly "off". Like it alot though. ^^
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Nice. Though, there have only ever been two things that irked me:
1) The hitbox in the banner to return to the top of the forum is too small. It seems like an arbitrarily sized square. It would be nice if it were at least the width of the text up there (ie: the size of :Blank: Rainmeter Forums)

2) I'm not a fan of the psuedo-3d/glass thing in the headers for each section (like the title of a forum section, the title of a thread, etc...). I've always preferred flat looks. But that's just my taste, so you can ignore that since it would probably be more work than it's worth to change.
ImageImageImageImage
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Alex2539 wrote:Nice. Though, there have only ever been two things that irked me:
1) The hitbox in the banner to return to the top of the forum is too small. It seems like an arbitrarily sized square. It would be nice if it were at least the width of the text up there (ie: the size of :Blank: Rainmeter Forums)

2) I'm not a fan of the psuedo-3d/glass thing in the headers for each section (like the title of a forum section, the title of a thread, etc...). I've always preferred flat looks. But that's just my taste, so you can ignore that since it would probably be more work than it's worth to change.

I'll take a look at 1) and see what I can do. That should be fixable. As for 2), yeah, this whole theme is not my creation from scratch by any means, and to change the basic "look" would be massive. I'm mostly just messing with colors and images at this point.
karmat

Post by karmat »

Looks great, Morley,takes abit of getting used to but I like it!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Made the "hitbox" on the logo at the top bigger.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

jsmorley wrote:Made the "hitbox" on the logo at the top bigger.
:clap: :sthumbsu:

Will be interesting to see what else will be different. :watching:
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
bendenfield

Post by bendenfield »

ok. i switched to the pearl template in order to get rid of those srcewd posts in saphic by using an etherpad.
i noticed that there is no link to the IRC on the top navigation bar beneath the header. maybe you want to provide some as it also was/is in saphic... ;)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

bendenfield wrote:ok. i switched to the pearl template in order to get rid of those srcewd posts in saphic by using an etherpad.
i noticed that there is no link to the IRC on the top navigation bar beneath the header. maybe you want to provide some as it also was/is in saphic... ;)
I hadn't noticed that. I will look into it.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Oops....

The Link is HTML in teh over-all header if I recall correctly...let me look up the code :Embarrassed: