It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:54 am

The new forum layout

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
sgtevmckay

The new forum layout

Post by sgtevmckay »

Ok folks...This has been in the works for some time and a handful of us finally worked it out last night...or the night before....
great thanks to Morley-Sempai and his vast forum experience
and to Kaelri for listening to us and helping us put certain things in perspective.
Shoot...a lot of this design was ironed out by them ;)

with out further ado...we go a little someth'in like this:

News and Updates
This is now at the top of the list of goodies. as many of you have noticed an "addon Updates" has been added and this is where you will be able to get the latest addon updates in between Major and Beta releases. This forum has been listed in order of post numbers and relevence
  • Rainmeter News
  • Addon Updates
  • Board Announcements
  • Forum Devs
Getting Started
This next set of forums addresses the first things that most members look into and immediately utilize. A lot of you are going to ask: "Why did they put Bugs and Suggestions tigether?" The easy answer is that his now reflects the Rainmeter code site; as all issues and requests are placed to the same board.
  • Introductions
  • Rainmeter Help
  • Bugs and Feature Suggestions
Customizing
This section is for people who've really sunk their teeth into Rainmeter. Chalk Board and Skin Beta are combined into "Skin Development". Screenshots and Skin Gallery are combined into "Share Your Creations". You will find T&T and Plugins and Addons listed here as well. Skins beta testing and Chalkboard have been combined and now happen in the same place. Shared your creation is a combination of Screenshots and skin releases.
  • Rainmeter Discussion
  • Tips & Tricks
  • Skin Development
  • Share Your Creations
  • Plugins & Addons
Community
V.I.S.O.R, Community, and general input have been placed here. Members lounge and News have been combined.
  • V.I.S.O.R
  • Members' Lounge
    Other Software and Customization
  • Links
Board
The forum board has been relegated to the bottom of the forums as it is almost unnecessary for day to day operations, but is need for folks with legitimate what have you.
  • Board Help
  • Board Comments
  • Donation Monitoring
the following threads have been killed.
  • AccuWeather
    Forum Test area
    Core Beta testing
have no worries as many of these posts have been moved to appropriate areas of teh forums. so many of your hard works are still here.

We hope by doing this we have made a friendlier and more intuitive forum, with less confusion.
Hopefully us old timers will adapt quickly and the new folks will be able to navigate with ease.
maminscris

Re: The new forum layout

Post by maminscris »

saw it i was looking for the skin tread 10 min in the site, and then i sow that it is share your creation
looks good
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

maminscris wrote:saw it i was looking for the skin tread 10 min in the site, and then i sow that it is share your creation
looks good
Apologies for that...I find my self a little lost at times as well...
The changes needed to be done ages ago...so hopefully not too many disgruntled people.

Thanks for the compliment
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Thanks a lot for doing this, Sarge. I really love the new look and feel of the board. This is a good change. :)
Oldviking

Post by Oldviking »

Very good layout !
bendenfield

Post by bendenfield »

agreed.
i never knew wether i should post my skins in the "screenshots" or the "skin xyz" (i don't even know the name right now :D) forum.
thank you for the changes.
maranello

Post by maranello »

excellent work, the forum looks great, i stared at the screen for about 1 min before i realize that i was actually where i wanted to be :P
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

The new layout is really good, much easier to use :)

One thing I would point out is that the 2 locked threads for reported bugs and feature suggestions both have the same name. Might it be a good idea to rename them to something more obvious now that they are in the same part of the forum??
Jack with 4

Post by Jack with 4 »

I liked the simple cream of the old forum, not a big fan of the black... but its fine.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Jack with 4 wrote:I liked the simple cream of the old forum, not a big fan of the black... but its fine.
It's about 4 clicks to change back to Saphic if you want.