It is currently April 26th, 2024, 3:29 pm

retouch to the parent site?

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
bhadkow

retouch to the parent site?

Post by bhadkow »

the webpage 'rainmeter.net' is awesome!! all the nice previews changing every second n all, but if i were a total noobie i would definitely struggle a bit in finding the super cool skins, i suggest we add a 'skin' section there n provide links to where u can get them, . and also a bit of info on the preview images would also be great. i know one could search the forums,wiki n all etc etc... but, it would be a lot easier for noobies/dummies (the world is full of them ). i know all of u admins n mods are completely busy n all, n u r doing n excellent work! its just that 'rainmeter 1.1' is going to be released in few days , n apparently there have been quite a few major changes (advancements) so why not improve the site too??? (a small link n few more lines of info thats all!) so wat do u guys say??? :)
Kaelri
Developer

Re: retouch to the parent site?

Post by Kaelri »

We've already talked about some plans to do exactly that. :) Not sure whether it'll be ready in time for the 1.1 release, but everyone's definitely on board with an overhaul.

Here's a small preview:

Last edited by Kaelri on October 17th, 2009, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bendenfield

Post by bendenfield »

i say no.
i think it is unfair to feature them with a link. a picture is enough, just to give them a little teaser on what Rainmeter is all about. and therefore are no links needed. to find the skins provided on the mainpage is easy, as they are all very popular.
personally i think that Rainmeter stands for a wide variety of skins. at least this is what i think. the admins may think other way and in the end it is their decision.

on the other hand, i appreciate something like a list of all skins very much. the uploader could just leave a note here at the forums (in a cerain thread of course) and the admins will take them onto the list. nothing big at all.
whatever it should look like, it should be open for all Raineers.

as it would be a part of Rainmeter, i would gladly give my best to promote it via the Rainmeter group on devART.

*edit*
kaelri's suggestion is also very good. as long as it features the skins not directly, what - from what i can see - not does.
bhadkow

Post by bhadkow »

^^ i never meant to provide direct links for so n so skins... , just a link or info to few places where u can find skins...., sory for not being clear earlier. :)

@kaelri , awesome work!! totally cooooooooool :)