It is currently April 18th, 2024, 12:23 pm

Unclear Getting Started - Clock Tutorial

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
Jonius7

Unclear Getting Started - Clock Tutorial

Post by Jonius7 »

I've just been going through the Getting Started Tutorials. The Clock tutorial I think isn't quite clear on some things. Throughout the tutorial it tells us to put in more sections, measures and meters and going back and adding lines of code etc.

But then at the end when the whole code appears for us to check if the code is the same, a lot of the sections are in different order (i.e. ALL meters are grouped together, ALL measures are before the meters or something). But following the instructions just doesn't give this order of sections, so I think some note about grouping meters and measures together (i.e. what order of sections is a good order would be really good), or changing the order then would make it less confusing.

Link here: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/getting-started/basic-tutorials/clock

PS: A while back (few years ago) I remember there were a different set of tutorials, including making an analogue clock. I really liked those old tutorials.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Unclear Getting Started - Clock Tutorial

Post by jsmorley »

You are right, the clock tutorial isn't clear about where to add the new measures and meters as we go along. In this case the order isn't terribly important, but the order of measures and meters in Rainmeter "can" be important, so I will fix that to make it more clear.

Just as a general rule by the way, the way most folks order things in a Rainmeter skin is:

[Rainmeter]

[Metadata]

[Variables]

[Measures]

[MeterStyles]

[Meters]
Jonius7

Re: Unclear Getting Started - Clock Tutorial

Post by Jonius7 »

Thank you for your reply, your answer in general for the order of Rainmeter sections helps as well. :) I was confused previously, now it's great!