It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:49 pm

Discussion about docs.rainmeter.net

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
CybOrSpasm

Discussion about docs.rainmeter.net

Post by CybOrSpasm »

2 things so far with the new Docs

Under ToolTipIcon, you have the bottom line that reads "Note: ToolTipTile is required to use ToolTipIcon." Do you mean ToolTipTitle is required..."?

Secondly, under ToolTipType you state "Note: ToolTipType=1 is not supported on Windows XP." But it works fine on my XP Home Edition SP3...
poiru
Developer

Re: New Docs..

Post by poiru »

Thanks, will fix!
UnforgivenRevival

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

CybOrSpasm wrote:2 things so far with the new Docs

Secondly, under ToolTipType you state "Note: ToolTipType=1 is not supported on Windows XP." But it works fine on my XP Home Edition SP3...
I cant believe there is people STILL using XP. You're now 4 OSes behind! :lol:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

UnforgivenRevival wrote:I cant believe there is people STILL using XP. You're now 4 OSes behind! :lol:
Approximately 10% to 15% of Rainmeter 2.3 installs were done on XP.
CybOrSpasm

Re: Discussion about docs.rainmeter.net

Post by CybOrSpasm »

Well, after being laid off work at 53 years of age, and then having my much better desktop computer die, I was fortunately given an old laptop and not much in the way of choices as to what version of windows I am able to run...
UnforgivenRevival

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

Thats crazy. I havent used XP in at least 3 years, If not more. I think if your still on XP.. Its time to ditch the super ancient(8-10 year old+) hardware and get something new! :p I am about to install windows 8 on a laptop that orig came with vista when it was new. This laptop is 7 years old with a baby 1.6GHz dual core AMD Turion! only thing upgraded is RAM. Went from 1gb to 4gb. Ive been using 7 on it even when it had 1gb ram in it and it runs fine.

Im sure if you spent 20 dollars(Yes its that cheap) for some extra RAM (2gb for 20 dollars nowadays) itl run at least 7! 7 will run with only 1gb of ram if you even have that.

Just trying to help get people out of an now obsolete, VERY soon to be unsupported OS. :D

Also,
Sorry to hear about the rough times. Everyones in a hole nowadays, including me.