It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:53 pm

A Note on HUD.Vision

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
sgtevmckay

A Note on HUD.Vision

Post by sgtevmckay »

If you're visiting this forum, there's a good chance that you have come here looking for help with HUD.Vision, by Jiri Mahel (Mepu) - one of the largest, most popular configs in the Rainmeter catalogue.

However, HUD.Vision is designed for the now-outdated Rainmeter 0.14. As Rainmeter continues to be developed in the future - bringing myriad improvements to power, performance and usability - the author has made the decision that HUD will not update:
Jiri Mahel wrote:This is not pure Rainmetr philosophy but Enigma + Rainmeter. I understand that the new version came out, but I do not why it give Enigma + RainThemes etc. nothing practical. According to me it should be purely rainmeter + simple skin, and easy to install skinu and no ".THM" files, etc. Giving skins folder Documents, also according to me is not logic, UAC is not a reason. All pozitivum see in iTuness extension and nothing more.

Stay with version 0.14

It is my opinion.
The author has given verbal permission to allow new, HUD-inspired skins to be made, but not a complete update to the original package. Because of this, users of HUD.Vision are likely to experience glitches, errors and bugs as Rainmeter moves on.

While we are saddened that Jiri Mahel and his exceptional talent will not continue to be a part of the Rainmeter project, the decision leaves us no choice but to end our technical support for HUD.Vision. Visitors with questions specifically related to this config will be redirected to its own page on deviantArt or Customize.org.