It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:38 pm

What cities does Rainmeter.net receive the most traffic from?

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
Virginityrocks

What cities does Rainmeter.net receive the most traffic from?

Post by Virginityrocks »

I assume some of the United States' most populated cities like New York top the charts. I want to know this information for a weather skin I'm working on. It shows a list of popular locations for quickly applying the appropriate weather code. I'd like to know the stats for Rainmeter so this list can accurately represent the average Rainmeter user.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: What cities does Rainmeter.net receive the most traffic from?

Post by jsmorley »

tjhrulz
Developer

Re: What cities does Rainmeter.net receive the most traffic from?

Post by tjhrulz »

Yeah we don't keep analytics on the site because we have no reason to.

Google trends though probably will give you better info though on the general popularity of Rainmeter in different countries than just pageviews of the main site since folks don't have a reason to go there very often. Google trends lets you break down by states, provinces, counties or cities. You can also compare it against other search trends to see that Facebook is more popular than us except in Russia & China even though we are way cooler than Facebook. https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=Rainmeter

Also you could probably guess their weather code based on their WAN IP address pretty well and in fact I think a few skins already do that.