It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:20 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by poiru »

Skymil wrote:The plugin seems to not work (anymore?) with Media Player Classic - Home Cinema. Is it because in the latest version of MPC-HC, "Send Now Playing information to MSN Messenger" has been replaced by "Display "Now Playing" information in Skype's mood message"?
I took a look at the MPC-HC source code and it seems the API they use to update the Skype mood message is very Skype-specific.

I think the best way forward would be for MPC-HC to add NowPlaying support. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do that myself at the moment. Your best bet would be to report this to the MPC-HC authors. If they are willing to add support for NowPlaying, feel free to let me know and I'll be sure to help :)
Skymil

Post by Skymil »

Thanks for your answer. Sure, it will be the best way. I'm not sure they will want to develop this for such a few people though but I'll try.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I've been using the now playing plugin to control Foobar for some time on Windows 7.
I copied Rainmeter with this skin to my desktop, which is now connected to my TV in my living room, as I want that as a media centre.

However, for some reason the nowplaying plugin doesn't work, is this a Vista issue? The Play/Pause from Soita skin no longer appears, either as a graphic or as an invisible button. Also the Progress bar doesn't show progress and is no longer clickable.

The desktop runs Vista 32HP and has no updates as it's not connected to the internet. It also has no AV software installed to increase performance. I installed Vista with SP1, activated it then disconnected internet.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Do I need to install any updates to Vista for this to work? Or maybe DirectX, .NET, or something else?
- MuLab -
Mike_2594

Post by Mike_2594 »

poiru, can you add some !CommandMeasure to update lyrics? When playing radio streams PlayerType=File remains the same, so TrackChangeAction doesn't work and PlayerType=Lyrics isn't updating.
Thanks in advance.)
snafu7x7

Post by snafu7x7 »

I've just started using rainmeter and been really impressed with all it can do out of the box. Today I was reading up on the various plugins and was most interested in the NowPlaying plugin. It's very impressive how many different players are supported but I was disappointed to note that XBMC (very popular open source media-center app) was not on the list. Are there any plans to add XBMC support to this plugin? I guarantee you'd have a lot of happy users taking advantage.

I think for someone with intimate knowledge of the NowPlaying plugin this would be quite simple to implement. XBMC exposes a full featured API over JSON-RPC (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=JSON-RPC_API) so it's really just a matter of opening a TCP socket, sending your JSON request, reading the response and updating the UI accordingly. I actually wrote some snippets in C# today and it was easy to get it working...I was hoping that NowPlaying might be written in .NET so I could perhaps tinker with it but no such luck. Anyone with any interest in making this happen? I'd be happy to lend what help I could to the effort?

thanks
Mordasius

Re: NowPlaying plugin - not working with the VLC player?

Post by Mordasius »

SOLVED:

I couldn't get Soita or any other players using the NowPlaying plugin to work with the VLC Player because the libcad plugin couldn't be installed by following the instructions on the vlc-libcad/wiki.

The trick is to copy libcad_plugin.dll to VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\misc, as stated in poiru's post on the bugs and feature suggestions forum, rather than VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\notify as given in the wiki.

I suggest the the vlc-libcad/wiki is updated accordingly.
Last edited by Mordasius on April 2nd, 2014, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stone

Post by Stone »

Hello Mordasius :welcome:

Poiru has updated the libcad-plugin for VLC 2.1 and above:

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16981

direct download-link:

http://poiru.net/libcad_plugin.zip

- works fine on VLC 64-bit 2.1.4.RinceWind.

PS: Your new Distortion-rb4 looks great - seriously makes me consider buying a larger screen next time :)

Greetings Stone
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Thanks Stone. I'd found poiru's post and was busy updating my post when you submitted the solution.
AsadaShino

Post by AsadaShino »

Seems to have broken rather heavily with Foobar, only the album art, name, artist, and album fields update. The progress tracker, and all of the controls do absolutely nothing.

Confirmed this on windows 8 64bit with a fresh install of rainmeter 3.0.2, Soita, and foobar 2k + the CAD plugin.
Edhel

Post by Edhel »

Hi there, a user of one of my skins noticed me that the "OpenPlayer" bang doesn't work for VLC player. I have tested it (also on music skins by other people) and tried to fix it but unsuccessfully. I am using poiru's updated plugin, latest Rainmeter and latest VLC player (and Windows 7 64bit). It seems all other functions are working right but not this one. Is it possible there is some bug in the plugin?
(I know it is possible to open the player through the ["C:\program files...vlc.exe"] but it is not the solution I am looking for. I have already asked about this in the Help:Rainmeter skins section but my thread was kidnapped and never returned.)