String Button Generator
4%
TaskList
13%
Tray Popup
18%

Total votes: 71
moshi

Re: Tools! (From my TotalControl! Suite)

Post by moshi »

plenty of options:

• learn AutoIt
• RunCommand plugin with FinishAction
• String measure, dynamic variables, OnChangeAction
• and probably more that i have no idea about

enough off-topic for now though
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Ok, let's turn on topic.
I think that FolderBrowse WriteKeyValue.exe is still the right choice.
Is there someone that could to copy and paste the full line of command from any skin using the program?

I'm sorry, at the moment I'm unable to understand how to setup properly the command.

Another problem I have, using OpenCloseCD.exe, when I activate the command, the CD tray opens, but if I click again it doesn't close and it get stuck, I have to close the program with Task manager.
If I use OpenCloseCDGUI.exe everything is fine.

I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit and both programs are running with administrator privileges.
moshi

Post by moshi »

fonpaolo wrote:I think that FolderBrowse WriteKeyValue.exe is still the right choice.
why?
fonpaolo wrote:Is there someone that could to copy and paste the full line of command from any skin using the program?
i doubt that. i use FileBrowse SetVariable.exe successfully (took a few tries), but that uses a different syntax.

you said you are aware the two lines i did remove in the RainFile script. the solution should be so obvious then. just replace

Code: Select all

_SendBang("!Refresh *")
with

_SendBang("!Refresh WhateverTheNameOfTheConfigYouWantToRecycleIs")
go to Tools -> Compile and then rename it to SomeSillyNameThatRemindsYouOfThatConfig.exe, et voilà, that's it.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

moshi wrote:why?
Because, for what I can understand, it solves in some way the problem to refresh a skin.
moshi wrote:i doubt that. i use FileBrowse SetVariable.exe successfully (took a few tries), but that uses a different syntax.
That's the problem, in the readme seems that something is missing, maybe using copy/paste from the explanation above, without any text change.
moshi wrote:you said you are aware the two lines i did remove in the RainFile script. the solution should be so obvious then. just replace

_SendBang("!Refresh *")
with

_SendBang("!Refresh WhateverTheNameOfTheConfigYouWantToRecycleIs")
go to Tools -> Compile and then rename it to SomeSillyNameThatRemindsYouOfThatConfig.exe, et voilà, that's it.
Thanks moshi for your explanation, but I think that's not so simple to change that string.

I want to substitute RainFile in my Options skin:
RainFile writes all the variables in a config file, however I need to refresh at least fifteen different skins, one by one, since every skin uses some specific variables and I want to update the main Options skin and only the skin where I have changed the values and some variables are used by two different skins, so I need to refresh both.
moshi

Post by moshi »

fonpaolo wrote:Because, for what I can understand, it solves in some way the problem to refresh a skin.
my English is rather poor, so i really have no idea why you think that would be the case. the readme does not even contain the string “refresh”.
fonpaolo wrote: but I think that's not so simple to change that string.
you say you have some, although outdated, programming skills. i have zero. so you are probably right and i'm wrong, but it doesn't look that hard:

_SendBang("!Refresh WhateverTheNameOfTheFirstConfigYouWantToRecycleIs")
_SendBang("!Refresh WhateverTheNameOfTheSecondConfigYouWantToRecycleIs")
_SendBang("!Refresh WhateverTheNameOfTheThirdConfigYouWantToRecycleIs")
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

moshi wrote:my English is rather poor, so i really have no idea why you think that would be the case. the readme does not even contain the string “refresh”.
From the readme: "FinishConfig - The config that the program writes a 1 to to verify browse completion. The variable name is FolderBrowseComplete."
I think that this could be used with an IfCondition, maybe...
moshi wrote:you say you have some, although outdated, programming skills. i have zero. so you are probably right and i'm wrong, but it doesn't look that hard:

_SendBang("!Refresh WhateverTheNameOfTheFirstConfigYouWantToRecycleIs")
_SendBang("!Refresh WhateverTheNameOfTheSecondConfigYouWantToRecycleIs")
_SendBang("!Refresh WhateverTheNameOfTheThirdConfigYouWantToRecycleIs")
Ok, I'll give it a try when I find some free time, but before I need to remove a ton of dust to my programming skills. :???: :sly:
MuzeTer

Post by MuzeTer »

Hello,

New Rainmeter member here,
I've downloaded the RunOrMaximize... program but Im really unsure how to use it, if someone could explain how (in simple terms, kinda new) that would be great :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I have removed all the posts related to using these tools to enable or facilitate creating "keystroke automation" in games, which is the definition of a "game bot". These types of discussions have more to do with AutoHotKey or AutoIt or nircmd than they do Rainmeter, and while we are not in the business of telling you what you should or shouldn't do with Rainmeter, we prefer not to have posts in the forums that run the risk of doing harm to Rainmeter's reputation.

Please take discussions of game bots to the AutoHotKey, AutoIt (although they will immediately ban you) or nircmd forums.

Before anyone protests, let me say that I don't care a whit about motivations or intent. I don't and didn't say anything about "cheating". I'm not interested in that in any case, none of my business. You want something to help Link farm for Rupees? That's between you and Shigeru Miyamoto. Fact is though, anything that runs in the background and sends a single keystroke to a game is by definition a "bot". Games, particularly online games, struggle mightily against them, and being associated with that can do great harm to a program's reputation. AutoIt in particular has fought it for years, and that is why any mention of automating games will get you banned on their forum.