It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:00 pm

RainLexer 2.20.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: RainLexer 1.1.23 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by eclectic-tech »

gibsonsdsd wrote:Trying to install RainLexer with the installer and I immediately get an error saying config.xml cannot be found. Is this a file missing from Notepad++ or one missing from the installer. There is no config.xml in the Notepad++ folder, but there is a config.model.xml.
'config.xml' comes with Notepad++ and is NOT in the 'Notepad++' installation folder...

It is normally installed in 'C:\Users\{yourname}\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++' folder when Notepad++ is installed with default settings.

I would install the latest version of Notepad++ (they just updated to v 6.9.2) then try to install rainlexer...
gibsonsdsd

Post by gibsonsdsd »

I am running a brand new machine (I backed over my computer bag and destroyed a laptop, portable scanner, tablet and keyboard, the bag, and several whiteboards), so I did have 6.9.2 installed. My brother, who is a data warehouse architect, advised me to roll back to 6.9.1, which I did, and I was able to load RainLexer with no problems. He called 6.9.2 "not ready for prime time". I also was required to manually deleted the remaining files after uninstalling 6.9.2.

As a lowly mathematician, I usually take his advice on all things computery. (I did teach him how to drive, though.) 8-)

Thanks for the advice.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gibsonsdsd wrote:I am running a brand new machine (I backed over my computer bag and destroyed a laptop, portable scanner, tablet and keyboard, the bag, and several whiteboards) ... <snip> ... (I did teach him how to drive, though.) 8-)
Not to parallel-park I hope... ;-)
jr2114

Post by jr2114 »

This seems to be a change with Notepad++ v6.9.2. I was getting the same error and thought it might have something to do with it being a portable install. I did a fresh install and only found the config.model.xml file, no config.xml file. The simple fix....remove the ".model" part from the file name, run RainLexer installer again, when finished add ".model" back to the config file name. Seemed to work for me so far :D
jr2114

Post by jr2114 »

eclectic-tech wrote:'config.xml' comes with Notepad++ and is NOT in the 'Notepad++' installation folder...

It is normally installed in 'C:\Users\{yourname}\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++' folder when Notepad++ is installed with default settings.

I would install the latest version of Notepad++ (they just updated to v 6.9.2) then try to install rainlexer...
This seems to be a change with Notepad++ v6.9.2. I was getting the same error and thought it might have something to do with it being a portable install. I did a fresh install and only found the config.model.xml file, no config.xml file. The simple fix....remove the ".model" part from the file name, run RainLexer installer again, when finished add ".model" back to the config file name. Seemed to work for me so far :D

EDIT: sorry for the double post. My first ones on the forum :welcome:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I think you will find that config.model.xml will be changed to config.xml the first time you run Notepad++ after you install it. So I guess the solution for a new user is: Install Notepad++ >> run it >> exit it >> Install Rainlexer.
SoggyBottomBoy

Post by SoggyBottomBoy »

I have just come across this plugin and once again great work JS!

One question, it would seem rainlexer recognises .ini and .inc files and associates this with rainlexer resulting in rainmeter being the default language when these extensions are opened in notepad++

I have setup my skins to load various extensions (i.e a skin with the .ini extension will include @include=...rss.reader, I have used a .reader extension for file related to webpraser measures) this reduces my code in the .ini folder and allows me to filter files by using .reader so that I can find all my files that relate to retrieving info using webpraser.

I was hoping I could add more extensions to rainlexer so that rainmeter would be the default language for more extensions.

EDIT: alternatively could I set rainmeter as the default notepad++ language, so that opening any extension results in rainmeter being used as the language?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Up to you, but I wouldn't do that.

I would name them rss.reader.inc or weather.forecast.inc or whatever you like that is descriptive while staying .inc at the end of the day.
SoggyBottomBoy

Post by SoggyBottomBoy »

Thanks for the quick response JS... sometimes you get stuck in a rabbit hole where seeing the logical solution seems impossible.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

If you find time would it be possible to update RainLexer for the new Notepad++-version 7 which is now 64 Bit?
Thank you!