It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:27 pm

RainLexer 2.20.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainLexer 1.1.23 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by jsmorley »

ikarus1969 wrote:If you find time would it be possible to update RainLexer for the new Notepad++-version 7 which is now 64 Bit?
Thank you!
I will work with poiru to see if we can't get a 64bit version of the plugin going. Might take some time due to his schedule. In the meantime, I would just stay with 32bit Notepad++
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainLexer 2.0.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by jsmorley »

RainLexer 2.0.0 adds support for the new 64bit Notepad++

The installer will now detect which bit-version of Notepad++ you are running, and install the correct version of the plugin. If you are changing to the new 64bit version of Notepad++, you must get and install this, as the old 32bit version of the plugin will not work with 64bit Notepad++

Get the latest 2.0.0 version of RainLexer in the first post of this thread.

Note: Some caution should be used when deciding to jump to the 64bit version of Notepad++. As of this writing, many other 3rd-party plugins you may or may not be using have not been updated to support 64bit. Depending on what else you do with Notepad++, it might be a tad early to make the switch. There is in any case no great advantage to 64bit vs 32bit Notepad++.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Thank you for creating the 64Bit version!

You are right, almost no Plugin has been converted to 64Bit yet, so i just repeat what you've been noting: take you time and think carefully if it's really necessary for you to make the switch.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ikarus1969 wrote:Thank you for creating the 64Bit version!

You are right, almost no Plugin has been converted to 64Bit yet, so i just repeat what you've been noting: take you time and think carefully if it's really necessary for you to make the switch.
This will be a hard transition for them, as there are hundreds of 3rd-party plugins for Notepad++, and I suspect a great many of them are old, pretty much abandoned, and may never be updated to support 64bit. I'd need some really good reason to change to 64bit Notepad++ and I don't see one myself. Only potential pitfalls...
fizik

Post by fizik »

Will you update RainLexer? I saw your commit on GitHub from November 5 stating the addition of shape meters.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fizik wrote:Will you update RainLexer? I saw your commit on GitHub from November 5 stating the addition of shape meters.
The shape meter was already added.
fizik

Post by fizik »

jsmorley wrote:The shape meter was already added.
Oh, okay. I thought it wasn't since the added shape meter commit was committed after the release of 2.0.0 :oops:

Code: Select all

Meter=Shape
shows "Shape" highlighted red, so I thought Shape meters aren't supported in 2.0.0
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fizik wrote:Oh, okay. I thought it wasn't since the added shape meter commit was committed after the release of 2.0.0 :oops:

Code: Select all

Meter=Shape
shows "Shape" highlighted red, so I thought Shape meters aren't supported in 2.0.0
Huh... Lemmie look into this.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I have updated the first post in this thread with the latest 2.0.1 version of Rainlexer.
fizik

Post by fizik »

jsmorley wrote:I have updated the first post in this thread with the latest 2.0.1 version of Rainlexer.
Thank you very much! :)