It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:12 am

RainRGB 4.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainRGB 4.0

Post by jsmorley »

Well, I have no idea what WorldClock2 is, or if it is designed to use RainRGB. What RainRGB does is to open up a color picker. Then it takes the color code you select, and writes it to a variable you define in some file. It then refreshes your skin, so it uses the new color. The variable you write to might be in the actual skin file, or in some @Include file for the skin. (like the Variables.inc in your post)

If RainRGB is not running at all, then I would have to ask first if the .exe file exists in the path you are calling it from? Based on your post, that would likely be C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons\RainRGB\RainRGB.exe. Is the file actually there?

Assuming it is, is there actually a file called Variables.inc in the same folder as your skin .ini file? Does it have a [Variables] section in it, and does that section contain a line color.secondary=[i]something[/i]

First things first. Let me know if RainRGB.exe is actually in the right place. If so, please just zip up your entire skin folder (WorldClock2), host it on http://mediafire.com, and put the link to it in your reply. Then I can take a look and see what might be going on.
loldrums

Post by loldrums »

Stevenlol wrote:I can't get this to work.. It is incredibly hard for me to do all this when i have no experience with coding or anything that has with Rainmeter to do xD
Anyways, here comes the stupid questions!
Where should i change all this text? I have it in Documents/Rainmeter/skins/BRK/Wordclock2 and in there is the config document.. If it is that one i should change, this is what it says:
Right now it says ''LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=color.secondary" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "RefreshConfig=BRK\WordClock2"]''
Is that right? Nothing happens when i run RainRGB4.. :(
The problem is that it's looking for the old RainRGB in the old RainRGB folder.
Change "#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe"
to "#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB4\RainRGB4.exe"
suitome

Post by suitome »

I have a problem: when I install the rmskin, nothing happens. I can't find the folder "RainRGB" in the addons folder.

Thanks.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

suitome wrote:I have a problem: when I install the rmskin, nothing happens. I can't find the folder "RainRGB" in the addons folder.

Thanks.
Depends on which version of Rainmeter you are on. If you are on 2.2, it will be in ..Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons\RainRGB4. If you are on the 2.3 beta, it will be in C:\Users\YourName\Appdata\Roaming\Rainmeter\Addons\RainRGB4.
suitome

Post by suitome »

2.3 beta for me. Thank you JSMorley! :thumbup:
allkhor

Post by allkhor »

Thank you jsmorley for your time and help!
I have a question, it possible add alpha slider in your program and return value, for example as 2E66BFBB?
Small concept about how i see it:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

allkhor wrote:Thank you jsmorley for your time and help!
I have a question, it possible add alpha slider in your program and return value, for example as 2E66BFBB?
Small concept about how i see it:
I don't think I will sorry. The purpose of RainRGB is to be able to pick a color based on how it "looks" and there is no way or purpose for doing "alpha" in the tool, as it has nothing to do with how the result will look in a skin on top of your desktop or other skins / meters. Setting the alpha is something easy to do in the skin with a simple value from 0 to 255 (or 00 to FF) and RainRGB will leave alone what you set for it.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I'm trying to use RainRGB 4.0 with the Rainmeter RefreshButton skin. I get the Color Picker window on a middle click of the RefreshButton icon (supposed to happen), but the only way I can change colors is to type in either a hex value or R,G,B values. Is that what you intended?

I can't move the target cross in the big square with my mouse. I can't move the sliders on either side of the hue bar on the right side of the color picker with my mouse. Clicking anywhere on the hue bar does nothing. Clicking the eyedropper with the + sign below it just takes me to 000000 hex or RGB 0,0,0 and changes the horizontal bar into two colors. One of the two colors is the current RGB setting.

If I manually change the RGB or hex values by typing them in, the color of the RefreshButton skin changes to the new RGB value.

Is your color picker working correctly?
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

I really love this addon. Just a question. Why not make RainRGB appear as a top window? Or, at least, have it display in the taskbar? The window when launched frequently launches behind -2 Show On Desktop configs and is difficult to reach if completely hidden behind something.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Virginityrocks wrote:I really love this addon. Just a question. Why not make RainRGB appear as a top window? Or, at least, have it display in the taskbar? The window when launched frequently launches behind -2 Show On Desktop configs and is difficult to reach if completely hidden behind something.
Here is a version with a "normal" window.
RainRGB4.zip
(495.48 KiB) Downloaded 308 times