It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:12 pm

RainRGB 4.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RainRGB 4.0

Post by jsmorley »

rbriddickk84 wrote:Hi everyone!

I installed RainRGB a long time ago, and i use BitDefender.
Today i tried to use RainRGB4 and it was indicated as Potentially Malicious Software.
So i came here to download again, i thought it's got infected somehow.
But sadly after download and extraction, it detected again.
Somehow i don't want to believe my antivirus program...

Please, can anyone confirm this?

Thank you very much!
It's fine. Antivirus programs have a long-standing on again, off again hatred of AutoIt, which RainRGB is written in. This is because AutoIt is used by kiddies writing "bots" for online games and the like, and from time to time anything written in it ends up getting flagged. You can just "exclude" it.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote:It's fine. Antivirus programs have a long-standing on again, off again hatred of AutoIt, which RainRGB is written in. This is because AutoIt is used by kiddies writing "bots" for online games and the like, and from time to time anything written in it ends up getting flagged. You can just "exclude" it.
Ah, thanks! :D
I suspected something like this was going on here! ^^

:great:
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Well sadly, no matter how i exclude the exe and both the folder, the RainRGB.exe is not running. It seems to starting, but shuts down immediately i suppose, since i never see the actual window appearing. Just the hourglass.
So something really went wrong at the first detection and disinfection process. Or i don't know.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

rbriddickk84 wrote:Well sadly, no matter how i exclude the exe and both the folder, the RainRGB.exe is not running. It seems to starting, but shuts down immediately i suppose, since i never see the actual window appearing. Just the hourglass.
So something really went wrong at the first detection and disinfection process. Or i don't know.
It's more likely you are calling it incorrectly in your skin. If you don't pass it the parameters it is expecting, it just silently exits.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote:Does this example skin work?

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=98594#p98594
No, it's not working. It's not even showing in the Processes.
I use this skin, since i downloaded it back then, untouched.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

rbriddickk84 wrote:No, it's not working. It's not even showing in the Processes.
I use this skin, since i downloaded it back then, untouched.
Well bummer. Maybe you have to go remove something from "quarantine" in your Antivirus or some such.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote:Well bummer. Maybe you have to go remove something from "quarantine" in your Antivirus or some such.
Yeah, it pretty messed up my things. I tried all the exlusion and recovery, restoring method, but no luck.
Maybe this is the time to make my EasyRGB pick 2.0 skin again :D
The first one is not functioning, as i want anymore, so here i go! :)

Anyways, thanks for the help, and the advices!
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Digging up this 8 year old post that was last posted to about a year ago to tell you guys that there's a way to update the colors without having to refresh the skin.

I am using the runcommand version of RainRGB4 to set & write to the color variable and update the appropiate measures & meters.
You guys might not be aware, so i want to bring it to your attention here. Sharing is caring ;P

Example Skin:
RainRGB4RunCommand_1.0.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
([mWorkTime] = 1 ? #Work# : ([mEnergyLoss:%] >= 70% ? #Chillmode# : </>))
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

StArL0rd84 wrote: October 14th, 2018, 8:47 am Digging up this 8 year old post that was last posted to about a year ago to tell you guys that there's a way to update the colors without having to refresh the skin.

I am using the runcommand version of RainRGB4 to set & write to the color variable and update the appropiate measures & meters.
You guys might not be aware, so i want to bring it to your attention here. Sharing is caring ;P
Hey there! :)

So sorry for being lost for so long, but at my workplace went some things worse, so i lost that very few freetime that i had half a year ago. :(

But for this RainRGB skin you did is now working for me, well, since the problem stated i changed pc, sadly had to upgrade to win10, and don't use antivirus, only the built-in in windows. But yeah, it's a nice work, short coded and effective! :D

Thanks for the work and sharing!
:thumbup: