It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:00 pm

RainRGB 4.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Oxmaster

Re: RainRGB 4.0

Post by Oxmaster »

Yay it works now. Yeah it was space in between skin name. Thanks for quick help!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Oxmaster wrote:Yay it works now. Yeah it was space in between skin name. Thanks for quick help!
Glad to help.
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Hi jsmorley, i was wondering if it's possible for RainRGB4 to write the same color value to two different VarNames at once?
Something like this:

"VarName=BrightColor | T1BrightColor1"

Explanation:
I have made a theme selector for my skin and the main skin get it's color from BrightColor,
But the representations for the different themes get it's color from T1BrightColor1 and should remain constant even if the user toggles between themes.

Example:
------------------------------------------------------------

Theme 1 representation

[Theme1Color1]
Meter=Bitmap
X=150r
Y=r
W=10
H=20
SolidColor=#T1BrightColor1# <-----
Hidden=#QuickHideColors#
Group=Colors

-----------------------------------------------------------

Main skin icon:

[A1.3]
Meter=image
Imagename=#APPICON1#
ImageTint=#BrightColor# <------
Antialias=1
X=r
Y=r
W=116
H=106
PreserveAspectRatio=2
Hidden=#AppHidden#
Group=App
Attachments
atatch.png
Kriust

Post by Kriust »

Hello I am having a small problem, my skin doesn't update after i change color and i dont know why.

Code: Select all

[BoxButton]
Meter=Image
W=32
H=32
X=0
Y=165
SolidColor=#CPUColor#
Hidden=1
Group=Config
LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Addons\RainRGB4.exe" "VarName=CPUColor" "FileName=#@#Variables.inc" "RefreshConfig=#CURRENTCONFIG#"]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Kriust wrote:Hello I am having a small problem, my skin doesn't update after i change color and i dont know why.

Code: Select all

[BoxButton]
Meter=Image
W=32
H=32
X=0
Y=165
SolidColor=#CPUColor#
Hidden=1
Group=Config
LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Addons\RainRGB4.exe" "VarName=CPUColor" "FileName=#@#Variables.inc" "RefreshConfig=#CURRENTCONFIG#"]
Please read this previous post in this thread... you probably have a "space" somewhere in the path to your #CurrentConfig#.
Kriust

Post by Kriust »

eclectic-tech wrote: Please read this previous post in this thread... you probably have a "space" somewhere in the path to your #CurrentConfig#.
Thanks now works, the name of the folder had a space, now I feel stupid because I was reading that yesterday.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

It's easy to overlook a post, and it saved me a lot of typing! ;-)
Glad that fixed it for you!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I have updated the RainRGB4.exe addon in the .rmskin in the first post in this thread to address the issue with the RefreshConfig parameter when the defined config name has spaces in the skin folder name.

Although this should allow RainRGB4 to work properly when there are spaces in config folder names, in general I really don't recommend spaces in them. It's just going to give you issues you are constantly going to have to deal with.
Kriust

Post by Kriust »

StArL0rd84 wrote:Hi jsmorley, i was wondering if it's possible for RainRGB4 to write the same color value to two different VarNames at once?
I tried to make something like this with many [!RainmeterWriteKeyValue ...], but RainRGB refresh the skin before the color change.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Kriust wrote: I tried to make something like this with many [!RainmeterWriteKeyValue ...], but RainRGB refresh the skin before the color change.
I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to do. RainRGB will write the selected color's value to the defined file and refresh the defined (or all) configs as soon as you click "Ok" after selecting the color. There is no possibility to put anything "in between" the selection of the color and the refresh of the configs.

While RainRGB can't set two variables at the same time, I'm not sure I need a need for that.

[Variables]
ColorRainRGBSets=255,255,255,255
SecondVariable=#ColorRainRGBSets#

P.S. don't use the Rainmeter prefix on bangs, that has been deprecated and shouldn't be used.

!RainmeterWriteKeyValue
!WritKeyValue