It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:43 pm

IsFullScreen 3.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: IsFullScreen 3.0

Post by balala »

GioRgSaVv wrote: November 10th, 2018, 10:30 pm and a billion other tries xD It just won't work.
What is the EXACT path of the .ini file you want to show?
GioRgSaVv

Post by GioRgSaVv »

C:\Users\GioRgSaVv\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Test\Skin5
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

GioRgSaVv wrote: November 11th, 2018, 12:27 am C:\Users\GioRgSaVv\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Test\Skin5
If that is the path (and not the path and skin.ini file), then the Config Name is Test\Skin5...
[!Hide *][!Show Test\Skin5] should have worked for you.
So I would suggest you find the Config Name by right-click on "skin5" when it is loaded and find the Config Name in bold letters at the top of the context menu.

I have a feeling it might be just "Test", so then you would use [!Hide *][!Show Test]

The only reason it would not work is if you have an invalid Config Name.

Are you seeing any error messages in the log when you load the monitoring skin and enter and leave a full screen app? They will tell you where the problem is... :sly:
GioRgSaVv

Post by GioRgSaVv »

There it goes! Thanks! For some reason the [!Show Test] worked :confused: But this is the folder's name... anyway... Thanks a lot for your time guys!
This plugin is awesome, and generally the whole rainmeter is awesome! :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

GioRgSaVv wrote: November 11th, 2018, 11:08 am There it goes! Thanks! For some reason the [!Show Test] worked :confused: But this is the folder's name... anyway...
The folder name (or to be precise, the config name) is exactly what you have to use. Not the .ini file's name, but the config's (folder where the appropriate .ini file is stored).
I think there are two bangs which require (beside the config name) the name of the skin file as well: !ActivateConfig and !WriteKeyValue (but this last one only if you want to write an option to another file then the current one). All other bangs are working with the name of the config (hope I didn't forget something).
GioRgSaVv wrote: November 11th, 2018, 11:08 am and generally the whole rainmeter is awesome! :D
Completely agree!!! :thumbup:
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Hello, I've been using this for a while and I've always wondered why is it that sometimes when changing focus from, say, Rainmeter.exe, to, say, the Desktop, it says it's full screen? It doesn't happen everytime though... In the picture below I have just clicked on the desktop but nothing is full screen obviously... (I'm not wondering why it's returning Explorer.exe instead of desktop.exe as I read what you wrote in the first post how all of these return Explorer.exe, I'm just wondering why it thinks that i's full screen sometimes)
fulll.png
Again, not an issue... just a question... I've already countered it with:
IfCondition=(MeasureIsFullScreen=1) && ([MeasureIsFullScreen:] <> "Explore.EXE")
See below for the actual solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kyriakos876 on May 3rd, 2019, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rockhevy1000

Post by rockhevy1000 »

kyriakos876 wrote: January 4th, 2019, 6:39 pm Hello, I've been using this for a while and I've always wondered why is it that sometimes when changing focus from, say, Rainmeter.exe, to, say, the Desktop, it says it's full screen? It doesn't happen everytime though... In the picture below I have just clicked on the desktop but nothing is full screen obviously... (I'm not wondering why it's returning Explorer.exe instead of desktop.exe as I read what you wrote in the first post how all of these return Explorer.exe, I'm just wondering why it thinks that i's full screen sometimes)
fulll.png
Again, not an issue... just a question... I've already countered it with:
IfCondition=(MeasureIsFullScreen=1) && ([MeasureIsFullScreen:] <> "Explore.EXE")

Hello, I tried your solution, but keep sending me this error

This is my code

Code: Select all

[FullscreenCheck]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=IsFullScreen

IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=[!DeactivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Clock][!DeactivateConfig "A dock"][!DeactivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Player"][!DeactivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Weather"][!DeactivateConfig "TranslucentTaskbar"][!DeactivateConfig "Enmon\Visualizer]

IfBelowValue=1
IfBelowAction=[!ActivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Clock"][!ActivateConfig "A dock"][!ActivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Player"][!ActivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Weather"][!ActivateConfig "TranslucentTaskbar"][!ActivateConfig "Enmon\Visualizer]

IfCondition=(FullscreenCheck=1) && ([FullscreenCheck:] <> "Explorer.EXE")
IfTrueAction=[!ActivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Clock"][!ActivateConfig "A dock"][!ActivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Player"][!ActivateConfig "Simple Epoca\Weather"][!ActivateConfig "TranslucentTaskbar"][!ActivateConfig "Enmon\Visualizer]
And this is the error
Syntax error: IfCondition=(FullscreenCheck=1) && (0 <> "Explorer.EXE")

Do you (or anyone) has and idea what I'm doing wrong?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You cannot use strings in an IfCondition. That is a strictly numeric test.

This cannot work...

The first condition is ok, the numeric value of MeasureIsFullScreen (used without [brackets]) is indeed either 0 or 1. The second bit is wrong in two respects. First, and foremost, you can never compare a numeric value to a string value in an IfCondition. Second, using [MeasureName:] (in [brackets), and with the ":" qualifier to return the numeric value of the measure, results in the same numeric value of 0 or 1 being returned, not the string value, which would perhaps be "Explorer.exe" or whatever. But even if you change that to [MeasureIsFullScreen], the string value of the measure, the first objection is still true. You can't compare string values in an IfCondition.
rockhevy1000

Post by rockhevy1000 »

jsmorley wrote: April 27th, 2019, 3:48 pm You cannot use strings in an IfCondition. That is a strictly numeric test.

This cannot work...
Yes, that's what I was reading. But as @Kyriakos876 commented that he had found a workaround, I thought it had worked for him.
This is the problem that I have, there is no window on full screen, but the skins keep saying yes.

Btw, thanks for sharing your work!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I really don't know. The plugin always works as expected for me. If I click on the Windows desktop, the string value is "Desktop". and the numeric values is 0 or "not full screen". I can't get it to ever see the desktop as full screen.