It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:25 pm

IsFullScreen 3.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: IsFullScreen

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:It works the way you would expect; replaced on first install and said versions were the same on second attempt. :17good
Outstanding... Thanks.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Oh boy, am I going to use the crap out of this plugin!
This is going to replace a lot of code in many of my skins.

Thanks a ton for the submission. :17good :17good
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Updated to 2.2 just to do some minor code cleanup.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

jsmorley wrote:I think I found it. It appears to have been a bug in Microsoft Visual Studio, and updating that seems to have corrected the issue. I have created a 2.1 version, which is in the first post. Can you get that and make sure it says "Replace" for the plugin when you install it? And if you install it again, it should say "Versions are the same".
Actually the problem was with our skin installer. Specifically the code that temporarily extracts a plugin to get its file version to compare to the installed version of the same plugin.

So what happened was the IsFullScreen versions 1.1 and 2.0 contained a folder in the @Resources folder called "IsFullScreen Plugin for distribution" that contained the older 1.0 version of the plugin. I think jsmorley forgot update it before making the rmskin? Looks like the latest ones are correct.

Anyway, the skin installer found that 1.0 version when looking for the file version, and thus compared the wrong version to the installed version.

This issue with the skin installer has been fixed.

-Brian
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Brian wrote:Actually the problem was with our skin installer. Specifically the code that temporarily extracts a plugin to get its file version to compare to the installed version of the same plugin.

So what happened was the IsFullScreen versions 1.1 and 2.0 contained a folder in the @Resources folder called "IsFullScreen Plugin for distribution" that contained the older 1.0 version of the plugin. I think jsmorley forgot update it before making the rmskin? Looks like the latest ones are correct.

Anyway, the skin installer found that 1.0 version when looking for the file version, and thus compared the wrong version to the installed version.

This issue with the skin installer has been fixed.

-Brian
Brian, wow...

Yeah, I had replaced that stuff in @Resources at about the time it "started working" for me, and not for you, but never put two and two together. I had forgotten I had included that folder in the .rmskin initially, since I've gotten used to @Vault. But I can't depend on @Vault until we "release" 4.2. Sorry about holding out my hand with my other hand in a fist behind my back... ;-)

Updated to 2.2.1 to fix one variable name I hated, and to test the change to skin installer with "sub-minor" versions.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Updated to 3.0

New: The string value of the measure will now always be the parent process of the currently focused window. If the Desktop has focus, an empty string will be returned. The number value will still be 1 or 0 depending on whether the window is full screen or not.

So full screen considerations aside, this plugin can also be used to answer the question "does process blah.exe currently have focus?".

Note that the parent process for all Windows 10 "apps", including things like Settings or Windows Update, as well as apps like OneNote or Calculator, is a process called ApplicationFrameHost.exe. That will always be returned in those cases. No, it can't tell you that you are playing Microsoft Solitaire.

Note that the parent process for all Window Explorer elements, like the Taskbar or any File Manager windows, is Explorer.exe. That will always be returned in those cases. No, it can't tell you that you have the folder C:\MyStuff\ open.

New .rmskin in first post of this thread.
Ayal

Re: IsFullScreen 3.0

Post by Ayal »

I know this might not be the best place to ask but I would like some assistance. I have the monstercat-visualizer plugin setup on my main monitor that I also play games on. I would like to somehow move it to my second screen while gaming on my main one but I'm having some issues in understanding how to incorporate this plugin with the visualizer. Would I need to essentially copy the plugin's code into each part of the visualizer (cover art, song name, visualizer graph) or can I just reference it in the code of the plugin? If so how would I go about with doing this, I am quite new at this and don't have a clue where to begin with this.
Dracyoshi

Post by Dracyoshi »

I think I've found a bug.
I'm on Windows 10 and it returns 1 and reports that explorer.exe is focused and in full screen if I go to the desktop by using the show desktop function (Windows Key + D). If I go to the desktop by just minimizing every program, clicking off a window or any other method then it properly returns 0, that nothing is full screen and that I'm just viewing the desktop.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Dracyoshi wrote:I think I've found a bug.
I'm on Windows 10 and it returns 1 and reports that explorer.exe is focused and in full screen if I go to the desktop by using the show desktop function (Windows Key + D). If I go to the desktop by just minimizing every program, clicking off a window or any other method then it properly returns 0, that nothing is full screen and that I'm just viewing the desktop.
Well, presumably focus is given to the little "Show desktop" button on the far right of the Taskbar when Win-D is used, so I can see that explorer.exe would be returned. Seems like it won't see anything but explorer.exe until you get out of that "Show desktop" state, by hitting Win-D again, or restoring some window from the Taskbar. However, I don't get it seeing that as "full screen" on my system. Not sure.
gokussj324

Post by gokussj324 »

jsmorley wrote:
Well, presumably focus is given to the little "Show desktop" button on the far right of the Taskbar when Win-D is used, so I can see that explorer.exe would be returned. Seems like it won't see anything but explorer.exe until you get out of that "Show desktop" state, by hitting Win-D again, or restoring some window from the Taskbar. However, I don't get it seeing that as "full screen" on my system. Not sure.
Hi, I would like to add that this "bug" doesn't happen only when win + d is used or when show desktop button in the taskbar is pressed. It also happens when desktop gets focus by clicking anywhere on desktop wallpaper or icon.
This is the only issue I am experiencing with this otherwise great tool and would be perfect if this issue got sorted out.