It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:32 pm

simple question, how to set up "nowplaying" for foobar2000?

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
anbr07

Re: simple question, how to set up "nowplaying" for foobar2000?

Post by anbr07 »

Cool, that worked! Just two thing: sometimes the width of the whole thing doesn't adapt to longer names or titles. Also, would it be possible to place the title & artist part behind the cover, in order to optimize the space usage? I always have the file & web browser above that strip on the bottom, so it would fit in better. Thanks again! :17good
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Also, is it possible, to reduce the size of this unit to a minimum, when it's not active? At the moment there is a small rectangle visible, maybe its size can be still reduced, like 1x1 pixel, when Foobars not playing?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:Just two thing: sometimes the width of the whole thing doesn't adapt to longer names or titles.
Just add a DynamicWindowSize=1 option to the [Rainmeter] section.
anbr07 wrote:Also, would it be possible to place the title & artist part behind the cover, in order to optimize the space usage? I always have the file & web browser above that strip on the bottom, so it would fit in better. Thanks again! :17good
You mean to place the title and artist horizontally after the cover? Because if you would place the string behind the cover, you wouldn't see the title and the artist. So, how do you want to place them?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:Also, is it possible, to reduce the size of this unit to a minimum, when it's not active? At the moment there is a small rectangle visible, maybe its size can be still reduced, like 1x1 pixel, when Foobars not playing?
It can be, however reducing its size to 1x1 pixels wouldn't be a good idea. Instead I'd hide the whole meter when nothing is playing and would show it otherwise. Is this a good idea?
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Yes, that would be even better, of course. I wasn't sure, if this is possible.
You mean to place the title and artist horizontally after the cover? Because if you would place the string behind the cover, you wouldn't see the title and the artist. So, how do you want to place them?
Yes, that's what i meant. It doesn't matter, if the height is different. On the other hand, maybe the MP3 rate could be placed below the title, because there would be enough space. I also had the bits "title" & "artist" removed, because it's obvious to me. That way it looks a bit clearer.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:I wasn't sure, if this is possible.
It is. Just add the following measure:

Code: Select all

[MeasureStatus]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=[MeasurePlayer]
PlayerType=STATUS
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!HideFade "#CURRENTCONFIG#"]
IfFalseAction=[!ShowFade "#CURRENTCONFIG#"]
Eventually instead of the !ShowFade / !HideFade bangs, you can use !Show / !Hide. The difference is that !ShowFade / !HideFade shows / hides the skin using a fade effect, while !Show / !Hide directly, without the fade effect. I think it looks better with the effect, but this is just my own opinion.
anbr07 wrote:Yes, that's what i meant.
Replace the X and Y options of the [MeterString] meter with these: X=0R and Y=0r.
anbr07 wrote:On the other hand, maybe the MP3 rate could be placed below the title, because there would be enough space.
Add the following measure:

[MeasureRating]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=[MeasurePlayer]
PlayerType=RATING
Add the MeasureName5=MeasureRating option to the [MeterString] meter. Modify the Text option of the same meter to Text=Title: %1#CRLF#Artist: %2#CRLF#%3 (%4)#CRLF#Rating: %5.
anbr07 wrote:I also had the bits "title" & "artist" removed, because it's obvious to me. That way it looks a bit clearer.
Remove the Title: and Artist: words from the above Text option. With this and the above modifications, the option become Text=%1#CRLF#%2#CRLF#%3 (%4)#CRLF#Rating: %5.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Almost perfect! Only, that i meant "MP3-Bitrate" instead of "Rating". Otherwise all works now like intended. Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:i meant "MP3-Bitrate" instead of "Rating".
Oh, sorry I misunderstood you. I think the NowPlaying measures can't return the bitrate.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

It's cool anyway, it doesn't matter. How would i insert some blank lines, to have it like so:

(Title)
(Artist

(Time played / Time lenght)

?

That way i could pad the right side to align with the height of the cover art.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:It's cool anyway, it doesn't matter. How would i insert some blank lines, to have it like so:

(Title)
(Artist

(Time played / Time lenght)

?

That way i could pad the right side to align with the height of the cover art.
The new line character in Rainmeter is #CRLF#, so you have to add this to the Text option of the [MeterString] meter: Text=%1#CRLF#%2#CRLF#[color=#FF0000]#CRLF##CRLF##CRLF#[/color]%3 (%4).
But I think this isn't the best idea. Instead I'd define a height for the [MeterString] meter, then would align a bit differently the meter:

[MeterString]
MeasureName=MeasurePlayer
MeasureName2=MeasureArtist
MeasureName3=MeasurePosition
MeasureName4=MeasureDuration
Meter=STRING
X=0R
Y=60r
H=120
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFTCENTER
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1#CRLF#%2#CRLF#%3 (%4)
The height of this meter is set to the same value as the height of the [MeterCover] image meter. The position of the string meter is set to half of this height and its alignment is changed to LeftCeneter. This means aligned horizontally to left and vertically to center, so exactly to the center of the image.
Attachments
Play.png