It is currently December 10th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Argus Monitor plugin 1.1.0.1

Share your custom plugins and applications to enhance Rainmeter.
MorGo7h

Re: Argus Monitor plugin 1.1.0.1

MorGo7h » May 22nd, 2018, 6:54 pm

Very nice!

I also have a custom loop and Asus Hero X motherboard. I have a temperature sensor connected to the temperature sensor header and HWinfo and AIDA64 can see the temperature, but Argus Monitor doesn't see it.
Did you had to enable/install extension so the sensor could be read by Argus Monitor? I'd really like to setup my fan profiles based on water temperature.

I know this a little offtopic, but I Googled a lot and couldn't find anything about this.
LeoDavidson

LeoDavidson » May 22nd, 2018, 9:49 pm

The header I plugged mine into came up as sensor 4, named Virtual_Temp by default, I think.

Do you get any motherboard temp sensors at all? There should be at least 3 normally.

I'm told version 4 of Argus Monitor can now read additional sensors on some Asus boards, via a second sensor chip, but reading that second chip requires the Asus software to be installed (AI Suite, I believe). I don't have/want/need that so I haven't got it installed or tried it.

FWIW I am not using the actual water_in or water_out temp headers on my Maximus X Hero. I switched over to the generic temperature header as it gave me more options in the BIOS. I had already switched to that header before I started using Argus Monitor so I haven't tried it with any others.
Rainmeter Stuff: I wrote an Argus Monitor plugin to display fan and temperature readings in Rainmeter.
Personal site / projects: PretentiousName.com
Day job: I'm one of the authors of Directory Opus, a file manager for Windows.
MorGo7h

MorGo7h » May 22nd, 2018, 10:05 pm

LeoDavidson wrote:The header I plugged mine into came up as sensor 4, named Virtual_Temp by default, I think.

Do you get any motherboard temp sensors at all? There should be at least 3 normally.

I'm told version 4 of Argus Monitor can now read additional sensors on some Asus boards, via a second sensor chip, but reading that second chip requires the Asus software to be installed (AI Suite, I believe). I don't have/want/need that so I haven't got it installed or tried it.

FWIW I am not using the actual water_in or water_out temp headers on my Maximus X Hero. I switched over to the generic temperature header as it gave me more options in the BIOS. I had already switched to that header before I started using Argus Monitor so I haven't tried it with any others.
Yes, I get 3 default ones that you also have in your screenshot, but not the 4th one that should be the external temp sensor. I don't have it connected to the water in/out headers, because that didn't read any temps in the BIOS, so I'm using the normal temperature sensor header (and I think there is only 1 on the Hero X)

In HWinfo and AIDA64, my water temperature sensor is read correctly, but Argus Monitor doesn't detect it.
I've also installed AI Suite an hour ago just as a test, but then Argus Monitor gives an error messages that it is in conflict with AI Suite, so I removed AI Suite again. And I don't want it on my system to be honest.