It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:26 pm

Argus Monitor plugin 1.1.0.1

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
MorGo7h

Re: Argus Monitor plugin 1.1.0.1

Post by MorGo7h »

Very nice!

I also have a custom loop and Asus Hero X motherboard. I have a temperature sensor connected to the temperature sensor header and HWinfo and AIDA64 can see the temperature, but Argus Monitor doesn't see it.
Did you had to enable/install extension so the sensor could be read by Argus Monitor? I'd really like to setup my fan profiles based on water temperature.

I know this a little offtopic, but I Googled a lot and couldn't find anything about this.
LeoDavidson

Post by LeoDavidson »

The header I plugged mine into came up as sensor 4, named Virtual_Temp by default, I think.

Do you get any motherboard temp sensors at all? There should be at least 3 normally.

I'm told version 4 of Argus Monitor can now read additional sensors on some Asus boards, via a second sensor chip, but reading that second chip requires the Asus software to be installed (AI Suite, I believe). I don't have/want/need that so I haven't got it installed or tried it.

FWIW I am not using the actual water_in or water_out temp headers on my Maximus X Hero. I switched over to the generic temperature header as it gave me more options in the BIOS. I had already switched to that header before I started using Argus Monitor so I haven't tried it with any others.
MorGo7h

Post by MorGo7h »

LeoDavidson wrote:The header I plugged mine into came up as sensor 4, named Virtual_Temp by default, I think.

Do you get any motherboard temp sensors at all? There should be at least 3 normally.

I'm told version 4 of Argus Monitor can now read additional sensors on some Asus boards, via a second sensor chip, but reading that second chip requires the Asus software to be installed (AI Suite, I believe). I don't have/want/need that so I haven't got it installed or tried it.

FWIW I am not using the actual water_in or water_out temp headers on my Maximus X Hero. I switched over to the generic temperature header as it gave me more options in the BIOS. I had already switched to that header before I started using Argus Monitor so I haven't tried it with any others.
Yes, I get 3 default ones that you also have in your screenshot, but not the 4th one that should be the external temp sensor. I don't have it connected to the water in/out headers, because that didn't read any temps in the BIOS, so I'm using the normal temperature sensor header (and I think there is only 1 on the Hero X)

In HWinfo and AIDA64, my water temperature sensor is read correctly, but Argus Monitor doesn't detect it.
I've also installed AI Suite an hour ago just as a test, but then Argus Monitor gives an error messages that it is in conflict with AI Suite, so I removed AI Suite again. And I don't want it on my system to be honest.
chamber32

Post by chamber32 »

I get this error when trying to install on Win10:

Invalid package:
Argus Monitor Demos_1.1.0.1.rmskin

The Skin Packager tool must be used to create valid .rmskin packages.

---

Any ideas?

Thanks,

c32
LeoDavidson

Post by LeoDavidson »

I'm not sure why it is doing that, but I see the same thing in Win10 1809.

I had to install the old skin/plugin, then rename the new one to .zip and copy the plugin DLL out manually.

Aside from the DLL code and file version, the two skin files are identical as far as I can tell, so I am not sure why Raibmeter doesn't like the newer version. If anyone has any ideas, let me know and I'll fix it.
chamber32

Post by chamber32 »

Thanks, got it!

c32
Ahnìon

Post by Ahnìon »

Hello!

First of all, obviously: major kudos for making this. With Speedfan seemingly halted in development, the choice of combined system monitor and fan control software is severely limited. Not having to run HWiNFO separately to get readings into Rainmeter would be a boon.

However, I'm having trouble with (I think) the addressing of sensors for... well... everything except the CPU, which seems to work perfectly.

All readings just give me an output of 0, except GPU 0, which is showing some very strange behaviour. The output of the (supposed) name variable is clearly some sort of garbled sensor reading—ranging from @@ linearly up via A@ to H@ in line with the GPU temp rising. The temperature variable shows an extremely large number (up towards twenty digits long.) I'm inclined to believe these values have been switched somewhere along the line.

Everything seems to show up right in the Argus Monitor Gadget (I've only run this temporarily to double-check) from which I assume it's not a problem with AM reading the mobo, but rather some sort of issue with the plugin addressing the AM readings. Just in case, though: I have a Gigabyte Z170 HD3P mobo which has an IT8628E chip.

I'm running Rainmeter 4.2 (Stable) on Windows 10 Pro (1809)
I've tried all four of the different plugins (1.1.0.1 64/32-bit and 1.0.0.0 64/32-bit.) All have the same readings.
I've tried downgrading to Argus Monitor 4.0.0.2 with no difference.

Hardware:
Intel Core i5-6600K (Skylake)
Gigabyte Z170 HD3P
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz DDR4, 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)
EVGA GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0
Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB (NVMe)
Six run-of-the-mill SATA WDC HDDs
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer (PCI)
Various USB units, including an external sound-card

Dual screen setup with secondary screen on the integrated Intel GPU
Screenshots:
argusmonitor-plugin.JPG
argusmonitor-widget.JPG

I really hope there's a way to solve this. As I said, it would be great not to have to rely on separate software for fan control and Rainmeter system data. If you need me to test out builds or anything, just say the word.
Ja50nKzRain

Post by Ja50nKzRain »

Hi Leo. Great work on the plugin, it is great - particularly as Argus Monitor is about the only application that will control my fans properly!

Do you think you might be updating the plugin to work with the latest release, 4.2.01? This last update from the creator seems to have broken the plugin. Or do I have to come up with another plan? :D

Thanks
LeoDavidson

Post by LeoDavidson »

Yes, I will be doing an update for 4.2.01. Argotronic emailed me today with some info about the new version, and I'm just waiting for them to send some extra details (literally just emailed, so it hasn't been long :)).

I don't know how much work it will be yet but hopefully not a huge change. Will update the main post and bump the thread with a short note when the plugin is updated.
Ahnìon

Post by Ahnìon »

LeoDavidson wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 7:19 pm Yes, I will be doing an update for 4.2.01. Argotronic emailed me today with some info about the new version, and I'm just waiting for them to send some extra details (literally just emailed, so it hasn't been long :)).

I don't know how much work it will be yet but hopefully not a huge change. Will update the main post and bump the thread with a short note when the plugin is updated.
Great to hear! Looking forward to trying the new version out!