It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:59 pm

Performance Issue when using multiple Skins

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
alexhs1121

Performance Issue when using multiple Skins

Post by alexhs1121 »

I currently using a setup of two Monstercat and one HoloFFT visualizers and i cant get them to run smoothly. update is set to 16 all across the board. adding more visualizers just makes it worse. rainmeter tops out at 15% cpu usage (7700k@5ghz). where is it bottlenecking?

wkr
Alex
kyriakos876

Re: Performance Issue when using multiple Skins

Post by kyriakos876 »

alexhs1121 wrote:I currently using a setup of two Monstercat and one HoloFFT visualizers and i cant get them to run smoothly. update is set to 16 all across the board. adding more visualizers just makes it worse. rainmeter tops out at 15% cpu usage (7700k@5ghz). where is it bottlenecking?

wkr
Alex
The bottlenecking is the 3 visualizers updating and loading, many meters and measures every 16 milliseconds...
If you don't need all 3 of them, you can keep one running and change the update rates to 50-60. It's not going to look as smooth, but at least it won't cost 15% of your CPU's power.

Also, HoloFFT by itself is one very heavy skin. On my i3-7100 it goes to 23-25% alone with no other skins loaded.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Performance Issue when using multiple Skins

Post by balala »

The visualizer skins are well known as being very hungry skins, eating a lot of resources. It's not a good idea to kepp loaded more such skins. I advice you to choose one of them and keep loaded that one.
My computer is fast enough, but even so, because I have many skins loaded (but no visualizers), Rainmeter uses enough resources to be first in the Task Manager if I order the elements after CPU usage. But it's true I have more about 15 skins loaded, most of them being complex and large skins.