It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:17 pm

WebNowPlaying plugin. Supports sites like Youtube and Soundcloud

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
StArL0rd84

Re: WebNowPlaying plugin. Supports sites like Youtube and Soundcloud

Post by StArL0rd84 »

I have a request for a update.
I would like to know the channel name for the currently playing video.

Because it would be nice to display some more information about the video underneath the thumbnail.
Description, views and so on.
right now i am parsing info from a search on YT from the title alone.
But since a lot of the same songs are uploaded with the same title, i rarely get the info from the right video.

So f i had the channel name i could search/parse:
Artist - Song Channel name
Instead of just:
Artist - Song

Then the top video on the search page would always be the correct one.
Pleease add this small feature. :17nodding

EDIT 11/12-18
With the artist measure together with the title i can now do a search for the song and get the correct link for parsing more information.
Code is as follows: (Not polished yet, just raw working code)

Code: Select all

[mWnpTitle]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=WebNowPlaying
 PlayerType=Title
 Substitute="":"Loading"
 OnChangeAction=[!CommandMeasure mWnpGetLink "Update"]

[mWnpArtist]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=WebNowPlaying
 PlayerType=Artist
 Substitute="":"N/A"

[mWnpGetLinkSpaces]
 Measure=String
 String=[mWnpArtist] [mWnpTitle]
 DynamicVariables=1
 Substitute=" ":"+"

[mWnpGetLink]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=WebParser
 URL=https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=[&mWnpGetLinkSpaces]
 RegExp=(?siU)item-id="(.*)"
 StringIndex=1
 UpdateRate=3600
 DynamicVariables=1
Last edited by StArL0rd84 on November 12th, 2018, 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tarbear123

Post by tarbear123 »

i wish you could just select a program from your programs and it pops up in the simpleplayer app and have the ability to remove the media players you don't use
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

I'm currently testing synonymous with the player around. But somehow I have a problem with the WebNowPlaying.dll plugin. Rainmeter gives me an error message regarding the volume. At least think that it depends on it (see screenshot).

The joke is, I change the player so that neither a measure nor a meter in the skin are in there with the volume control what have to do, that is, the volume on the player is no longer to change, I have the error message anyway.
Therefore, I suspect the problem in the WebNowPlaying.dll plugin.

Someone an idea?

My system:
- Win 7 (64Bit) (Yes, I also use the 64Bit WebNowPlaying.dll plugin)
- Firefox 64Bit V64.0
- Rainmeter V4.2.0 r3111 64-bit (Jul 8 2018) - German (1031)
Attachments
webnowplaying_error.png
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Hopefully these haven't been posted before...

I am utilizing this plugin in my suite, and have run into two Spotify-specific issues:

1. Using the "Repeat" bang to toggle repeat types doesn't work properly. It'll change no repeat to repeat all, but when it changes repeat all to repeat one, the plugin thinks it went back to no repeat. You can see what I mean in this example GIF:
repeatbroken.gif
2. When an ad comes up on Spotify, the plugin suddenly starts spitting out Web Side Error:Error updating album for Spotify errors at an alarming rate:
2019-01-19 15_21_41-ScreenToGif.png
EDIT: Is there also a way to add support for the Audible Web Player?
Kaz28100

Post by Kaz28100 »

Great plugin, it's very usefull for me because i only use Spotify Webplayer (desktop app crash my pc...).
But i have a question, is it possible to only view certain website (Spotify) and disable all others?
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Kaz28100 wrote: January 27th, 2019, 1:28 pm Great plugin, it's very usefull for me because i only use Spotify Webplayer (desktop app crash my pc...).
But i have a question, is it possible to only view certain website (Spotify) and disable all others?
If you mean to keep control over whatever's playing at Spotify even when something plays on ΥouΤube, then I think the answer is no. In order to make it work with only spotify, you would probably have to edit the Chrome plugin. (I could be wrong, but I'm positive that's the case.)
Kaz28100

Post by Kaz28100 »

Yes it look like it's the case. I downloaded the source code of the Web Extension from "Github" and i removed everything (only keep Spotify) and now this only working for Spotify, like i wished. I'm trying to figure out if i can add a option to enable or disable some Website.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Kaz28100 wrote: January 28th, 2019, 1:02 am Yes it look like it's the case. I downloaded the source code of the Web Extension from "Github" and i removed everything (only keep Spotify) and now this only working for Spotify, like i wished. I'm trying to figure out if i can add a option to enable or disable some Website.
can't you right click on the chrome extension and click options, then white-list / un-white-list the websites? Unless you want something more user-friendly, in which case I can't help much... You could see how the "whitelisting" code works tho at the "Options.js" and call it with some other way but I guess you would have to edit the rainmeter plugin as well if you wish to pass control over at Rainmeter.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Starting in Firefox version 57, only extensions built using WebExtensions APIs will work. Not sure if your add-ons are affected? See Firefox add-on technology is modernizing and these Frequently Asked Questions for details.

WebNowPlaying is one of those... can you investigate getting this plugin "signed" for use in Firefox?

Link: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Distribution

Thanks!
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Hello, I keep getting the following error while running a skin that uses the plugin

"Web Side Error:Error updating artist for Youtube"
error.png
Could someone tell me how to prevent the error from showing? Something like "ignore error" on the Plugin's measure?

-Thanks.