It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:21 pm

Looking for CPU + GPU meters for 7" LCD

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
mkanet

Looking for CPU + GPU meters for 7" LCD

Post by mkanet »

I have a custom gaming/HTPC rig with 7" LCD touchscreen (second monitor) that displays CPU temperature and load on all CPU cores via Rainmeter. The scaling for the skin I use is specific to viewing this information from a distance (while playing games). It basically takes up the entire desktop on my 7" LCD display.

I'm looking for a similar skin/addon for gaming that also shows GPU information too (optimized for small displays viewed at a distance). I couldn't find anything like that anywhere. Maybe, someone knows of a skin/addon that can be easily scaled/zoomed for this purpose? If there isn't such an addon/skin; I'm willing to pay someone to make something like this (as long as its reasonably priced); even if it's a mod from another skin.

Thanks so much in advance!
HTPC.png
Something that displays the below information; except with vertical bars that are wider (that fit the entire screen)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Looking for CPU + GPU meters for 7" LCD

Post by jsmorley »

First off:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=49194#p49194

I don't know of any such skin already out there, although someone else may. If not, I'm sure folks here will be glad to pitch in and offer advice as you create your own. We don't allow "skin requests" on these forums, and certainly not any offer to "pay for" or "sell" anything related to Rainmeter.

If you come back with "ok I want to create my own, but not sure where to start", you are likely to get some good advice on using HWiNFO for measuring sensors and Bar meters and String meters to display the result.

If you come back with "I don't want / don't have time to learn Rainmeter, I just need someone to create a skin for me", then the conversation is done...

Entirely up to you, and no offense meant. These forums are entirely about helping people use Rainmeter and especially about supporting folks as they learn how to make their own creations. It's never about "skin requests".

BTW, as you start working on this, keep in mind that "a 7" LCD" doesn't mean anything in the context of Rainmeter. What you are going to want to work with as you design things is the "resolution" of the screen, the width and height in pixels.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Well you can always use the built in variable for screen width to make the meter go the full width of the screen this code is a start, using average CPU but you could do the same for those meters.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Metadata]
Author=CyberTheWorm
Version=1.0.0
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Information=CPU test

;-------------------- Variables ----------------------
[Variables]
;-------------------- Measures ----------------------------
[MeasureCPU]
Measure=CPU
Processor=0

;---------------------- Meters -------------------------
[MeterBackground]
Meter=Shape
X=1
Y=1
Shape=Rectangle 1,1,(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-3),50,5,5 | Fill color 0,0,0,255 | StrokeWidth 2 | Stroke Color 200,200,200,155
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterNetInPre]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPU
X=10
Y=10
FontFace=Ariel
FontSize=12
FontColor=255,255,255,255
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
StringAlign=Left
Text="Avg: %1%"
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterAvgBar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureCPU
X=10
Y=35
W=(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-21)
H=10
BarColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=127,127,127,180
BarOrientation=Horizontal
DynamicVariables=1
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
mkanet

Post by mkanet »

Thanks for your reply. That's what I could do if I found a skin with bars shown vertically with CPU/GPU information. I would also need for the meter bars to be wide enough to be seen from a distance. I wasn't able to find anything like that searching on google and this forum.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

mkanet wrote:Thanks for your reply. That's what I could do if I found a skin with bars shown vertically with CPU/GPU information. I would also need for the meter bars to be wide enough to be seen from a distance. I wasn't able to find anything like that searching on google and this forum.
That code is for horizontal and if you change the H=10 to a larger value the bar get thicker
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
mkanet

Post by mkanet »

Thank you! I think this actually might work.
mkanet

Post by mkanet »

Thanks dvo. Actually, if you look at the photo of actual 7" display in the OP, you'll see I'm already using the one from deviantart.com (when it was still downloadable). The 7" LCD display resolution can be anywhere from 800x600 to 1920x1080. The skin I'm using is optimized for 800x600 display resolution.

The skin I'm using actually requires the app Coretemp. However, it looks like what I'm trying to do requires the Hwinfo addon (to get both GPU and CPU info).

I'd like to just use the skin graphics/layout I already have; and, just replace CPU#2, CPU#3, CPU4 with GPU related information... keeping CPU#1 as a general CPU usage and temp meters.

Anyway, if someone could kindly show me how to convert CPU#1 meters in my skin (attached) to use the below settings meant for the HWInfo plugin for Rainmeter? I would be able to do the same/similar with the next 3 gauges. I'd really appreciate it!

Code: Select all

[TotalCPUUsage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=0xf0000300
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOEntryId=0x7000009
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue

[CPUPackage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=0xf0002a00
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOEntryId=0x1000004
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.