It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:08 pm

Optical Drive Status Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Optical Drive Status Plugin

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:Only a minor question: does it support UpdateDivider?

I'm experiencing some little more cpu usage if it's running, and I'm using an UpdateDivider=10, the other measures and meters have UpdateDivider=-1. :confused:
Thanks fonpaolo.
Yeah, I think it does. Otherwise I don't know about a type of measure / meter which doesn't support the UpdateDivider option. Do you?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I'm just curious of understand what's happening and if it's related to your plugin or not.
Tried some days with measure enabled, some more cpu usage.
Tried some days with measure disabled, almost same use and less cpu usage.

Usually using my skins, the Rainmeter cpu usage is fluctuating from about 1 minute/hour to 1.10-1.20 minutes/hour, it depends what programs I'm using.
With the plugin enabled it's a mere 35-40% more than usual, not really a big jump, but...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:Usually using my skins, the Rainmeter cpu usage is fluctuating from about 1 minute/hour to 1.10-1.20 minutes/hour, it depends what programs I'm using.
With the plugin enabled it's a mere 35-40% more than usual, not really a big jump, but...
I didn't encountered a such behavior, so I don't know what to say.
But what's the situation with an UpdateDivider set?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

The situation is already with UpdateDivider=10.

Maybe I'm just a little too picky, I don't know how many people could be worried for a so slight cpu utilization...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Well, I'm finally not very sure what you mean by
fonpaolo wrote:cpu usage is fluctuating from about 1 minute/hour to 1.10-1.20 minutes/hour,
I mean this minutes/hour measurement unit is not clear for me.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Ah, usually I verify at the end of the day how many minutes the Rainmeter process uses the cpu.
Running the system for about 14 hours a day, the Rainmeter process cpu usage is from a minimum of 14 minutes, up to 20-22 minutes in a day, depending on computer and software usage.

Using your plugin, I think, since it's the only difference in my skins and computer use, after 14 hours, Rainmeter cpu usage is up to 25-35 minutes in a day.

This results are obtained using Updatedivider=10, I still have to try without using Updatedivider.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:Running the system for about 14 hours a day, the Rainmeter process cpu usage is from a minimum of 14 minutes, up to 20-22 minutes in a day, depending on computer and software usage.

Using your plugin, I think, since it's the only difference in my skins and computer use, after 14 hours, Rainmeter cpu usage is up to 25-35 minutes in a day.
I'd say that a such small increase isn't a great problem, or it is?
fonpaolo wrote:This results are obtained using Updatedivider=10, I still have to try without using Updatedivider.
Please do and let me know what is the situation.
fonpaolo wrote:Ah, usually I verify at the end of the day how many minutes the Rainmeter process uses the cpu.
What are you using for a such verification?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote:I'd say that a such small increase isn't a great problem, or it is?
I tend to set my skins to have an impact on system resources as lower as possible, my computer can handle big 3D programs, has plenty of ram and a good cpu, so, it's not a problem, but I experienced, using other computers for some tests, that what isn't a problem for me, can have a certain impact on "normal" or old systems.
balala wrote:Please do and let me know what is the situation.
I start today with the test, 'll verify it for a few days.
balala wrote:What are you using for a such verification?
The dear old Task Manager
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:The dear old Task Manager
I don't know a such function of the Task Manager. Could you please tell me where are you reading these information?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I hope the names are correctly translated, it's in the third label on the right, Visualization, Select columns... it's named CPU Time.
Here's a screenshot, sorry, it's in Italian.
Attachments
TaskManager.jpg