It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:05 pm

More Launchers for Enigma

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
scoop6274

More Launchers for Enigma

Post by scoop6274 »

For those who don't think that 5 launchers is enough in Enigma, here is an edit to EnigmaConfigure that allows you to have up to 26 launchers. It includes both a new EnigmaConfigure.cfg, 26 launcher and mini-launcher files, and a simple readme to help walk those who might not be familiar with the process.

This edit will allow you to add more launchers through the Enigma Configure input screen as opposed to editing a *.ini file in notepad.

I have tested this in Windows XP Home and Windows 7 Ultimate. I am putting this up as a Beta only because I've only been able to test it on three computers (all have worked flawlessly), but I would like a wider grouping.

I take absolutely not credit for any creativity on this, I just took Kaelri's file and expanded on it, so a big thanks to Kaelri for what he provided.

Anyway, I hope this helps out some.
rainmeter edits.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scoop6274

Re: More Launchers for Enigma

Post by scoop6274 »

For those that have downloaded and installed this, any feedback as to how it works?

Are my instructions clear?

Just curious.
Demonskin

Post by Demonskin »

It does indeed, I decided to give it a shot. I run Windows 7 32x and it worked like a charm. Only complaint is that it raised the CPU usage by about 1-2% but that's no biggy when you consider all the useful applications you can now launch.
scoop6274

Post by scoop6274 »

Glad you like the functionality. I didn't realize it added that much to the CPU usage (not that 1-2%) is huge, but more than I expected anyway.

I guess I didn't see anything like that on my setup. Though I am running a BE Phenom x4 OC'd by 600mhz so that may be why I didn't see that addition. With my Rainmeter running and large .png skins (which I am told uses more CPU on its constant refresh) I average around 4-6% with no other applications running and all my background anti-virus/spyware/malware and various windows stuff running.

Not sure how to work the code to reduce the CPU usage though, its a pretty basic as it is.
Demonskin

Post by Demonskin »

Its fine my cpu usage usually even with all my crap running is only about 13% or so unless I have a game or a skype call open or something then it goes to 40-50% but I have a crappy 1.72GH dual core. Hey would you know how to make the launchers shutdown/restart ect. I tried doing it by connecting them to batch commands but it just made my cmd go nuts lol.
scoop6274

Post by scoop6274 »

I have no idea how to do that. I am very new at coding, so I am at this point just downloading stuff I find interesting and digging into the code to see how things work. I have a concept that I think I want to try at some point when I get better at coding.

I got the idea from the very minimalistic themes I've seen from Vindurriel with his "Devotion" and from P2C with his "ViolaConcept".

I like the idea of stuff dropping down from a toolbar on a click. but, I thought I might take it a step further.

My thought would be that you have a completely blank desktop except for a single icon at the top or side of the screen. Clicking on that icon (which would stay on top of whatever you were doing) would bring up a toolbar or sidebar. On that toolbar/sidebar would be icons for things like apps, calendar, cpu/ram/etc, winamp and so on. Then, you click on one of those icons, and the apps drop down, or the calendar, or weather etc. This way you can move from a single icon on the screen (as minimal as it gets) to an overlay (on top of whatever you are doing) that allows access to all the stuff you want.

I don't know how realistic this concept is. How easy it would be to implement, or even if I or anyone else would like it when it was done, but it sure would be fun to try and accomplish it. I'm guessing that the coding would be very similar to what Vindurriel has done with "Devotion" so I have downloaded that to try and deconstruct it.

Well, long rambling on something that really doens't even pertain to your question...sorry.

You could try scanning through some of the themes/skins out there and see if anyone has already done something like that and then incorporate that into your skin/theme/code.

Anyway, good luck with that. If I ever do get to the point where I can code my concept, I will see about adding a shutdown/restart to it.
DarkBrown

Post by DarkBrown »

Hey, I was looking for something like this, thanks!

But I think I'm not doing it right. I installed the file and got the extra launchers. I copied and pasted Launcher 6, 7 and 8 into the Rainmeter file that had the first five launchers. Now when I click load skin, the screen blinks for a split second, but nothing is added onto my desktop. Any help?

Thanks.
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
radicalrev

Post by radicalrev »

Hi,

This edit works for me but I have a small question. How do you add on the box for the launchers?

Here is how mine looks, notice App6 is without a border/box. :(

MrBasssman60

Post by MrBasssman60 »

Hi scoop. I am somewhat new to all this and the instructions seem to be good. My problem is I do not have a EnigmaConfigure.cfg file at location C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Enigma\Resources\Variables\
The only config file I have is in the rainmeter edits folder. Why don't I have the original .cfg file? Unless you mean the options.cfg file? Any help would be appreciated for this newbie.