It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:13 pm

Send Key (shift, alt, ctrl)

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
tapaloeil

Send Key (shift, alt, ctrl)

Post by tapaloeil »

Hey there !

I'm using rainmeter with honeycomb on my sp4 and i'd like to have some kind of express keys toolbar when i'm using apps like zbrush...

I checked the documentation but didn't find if it's possible to send keys as a LeftMouseUpAction, any idea if it's possible and if a plugin is already doing that ?

Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Send Key (shift, alt, ctrl)

Post by balala »

I'm not sure if I understood well, but if I'm not wrong, you'd like to open some file / app on certain key press? Or what you mean by "send keys"?
tapaloeil

Post by tapaloeil »

Not really, i use zbrush on the surface pro without keyboard.
The problem is that shift, ctrl and alt are very used in this application.

I'd like to use honeycomb to send alt or shift or ctrl when i'm holding the button on screen

is it clear now ?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

No, to be honest, it's not at all.
What you mean by "send alt or shift or ctrl when i'm holding the button on screen"? What means "send alt" and what "holding the button on screen"?
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

balala wrote:No, to be honest, it's not at all.
What you mean by "send alt or shift or ctrl when i'm holding the button on screen"? What means "send alt" and what "holding the button on screen"?
I think he means that when he holds down on an icon in honeycomb, he wants it to emulate pressing one of those buttons. Like an on-screen keyboard, but Rainmeter.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
tapaloeil

Post by tapaloeil »

Ahah ok, sorry if it's not clear...

You see what is a surface pro ? it's like an ipad with windows to keep it simple.

When i'm using zbrush or photoshop, i need very often to use ctrl, alt or shift key while i'm painting.

Since I do not have a keyboard, i'd like to use on screen shortcuts for the keys i often use.

There is an app called Radial Menu that does exactly that except that it is not maintained anymore and working as well as wish.

You can check this video to see what i'm trying to do :

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/O3qBqmGt-30[/Youtube]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

"Bots" that simulate key pressing are really discouraged in Rainmeter due to the ability to abuse it as "keystroke automation" in games. :twisted:

It is possible using 'SendKey' from Santa Ryan's Toolkit.

I utilize this in one of my skins, Virtual Desktop Controls that you can look at that code to see how the send key bangs work.
There is a reference guide included in the @Resources folder. :D
tapaloeil

Post by tapaloeil »

I'll look into it, thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sorry, but for sure I can't follow you, tapaloeil. I didn't know what zbrush is (I shortly googled and found it out), but I can't imagine how can you use a such complex software as Photoshop is, if you don't have a keyboard.
I give this up...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote:Sorry, but for sure I can't follow you, tapaloeil. I didn't know what zbrush is (I shortly googled and found it out), but I can't imagine how can you use a such complex software as Photoshop is, if you don't have a keyboard.
I give this up...
Have you seen the Microsoft Surface Studio video?

Very interesting! 8-)