It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:25 pm

Rainmeter Top Processes

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
fred_gaou

Re: Rainmeter Top Processes

Post by fred_gaou »

Still no luck here in my quest of making rainmeter display top processes by ram usage.

TopProcesses.dll 2.2.0.1 x64 crashes rainmeter v3.1.0.2290 x64 on my Win8.1u1 pro x64.

Errors from events log (approximatively translated from french):

Code: Select all

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-07-30T04:58:43.000000000Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>4903</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>PC</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application : Rainmeter.exe Framework version: v4.0.30319 Description : process stopped because of a non handled exception: System.Management.ManagementException Pile : at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(System.Management.ManagementStatus) at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection+ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext() to PluginTopProcesses.Measure.RefreshData() at PluginTopProcesses.Measure.Update() at PluginTopProcesses.Plugin.Update(Void*)</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>100</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-07-30T04:58:43.000000000Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>4904</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>PC-Fredo</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Rainmeter.exe</Data> 
  <Data>3.1.0.2290</Data> 
  <Data>5381fb9d</Data> 
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data> 
  <Data>6.3.9600.17055</Data> 
  <Data>532954fb</Data> 
  <Data>e0434352</Data> 
  <Data>0000000000005bf8</Data> 
  <Data>fb4</Data> 
  <Data>01cfab9e4dde6515</Data> 
  <Data>D:\Programmes\Customisation\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data> 
  <Data>2db2963f-17a6-11e4-826f-74d4351fb37c</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data /> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>
Just try the TopProcesses.dll x86 just in case but of course, rainmeter can't see it.
It would be so much easier if rainmeter could do it by itself. So much frustration :-(
CoffeeKid

Post by CoffeeKid »

For TopProcesses the Enigma skin, which you can get at http://enigma.kaelri.com has a good approach using the AdvancedCPU meter that comes with RM. In that skin look at \Rainmeter\Skins\Enigma\Sidebar\Process\Process.ini

If it is memory that your trying to list I haven't found another way to get it.
fred_gaou

Post by fred_gaou »

It would be great if someone could fix TopProcesses.dll 2.2.0.1 x64 that crashes rainmeter v3.1.0.2290 x64 on Win8.1 pro x64.

At my knowledge, there is no alternative to display top 5 memory by RAM usage :-(
ailia

Post by ailia »

Currently in Visual Studio right now working on a replacement plugin. No ETA yet (Trying to find a better solution than querying perfmon as the current plugin does), but this has been bothering me for quite a while so its rather high on my priority list.

Update: Preliminary results looking good, CPU usage is about a third of TopProcesses.dll in a debug build, going to switch to a parent-child model similar to how TopProcesses works to further improve performance and implement CPU usage sorting, currently only have memory sorting.

Update 2: Now up and running as a child-parent model, even at Update=10 the CPU usage is negligible; working on getting CPU sorting done. Edit: Well, the GPU usage of such a stupid update rate on a laptop doesn't seem to be negligible, but that is kind of besides the point and still a massive improvement.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ailia wrote:Currently in Visual Studio right now working on a replacement plugin. No ETA yet (Trying to find a better solution than querying perfmon as the current plugin does), but this has been bothering me for quite a while so its rather high on my priority list.

Update: Preliminary results looking good, CPU usage is about a third of TopProcesses.dll in a debug build, going to switch to a parent-child model similar to how TopProcesses works to further improve performance and implement CPU usage sorting, currently only have memory sorting.

Update 2: Now up and running as a child-parent model, even at Update=10 the CPU usage is negligible; working on getting CPU sorting done. Edit: Well, the GPU usage of such a stupid update rate on a laptop doesn't seem to be negligible, but that is kind of besides the point and still a massive improvement.
This will be interesting to see... Thanks ailia

Question: Right now, using RunCommand and Tasklist.exe, I can get the top memory processes and format, and arrange each process individually. Is this going to be possible with what is returned by the plugin? The old plugin had a list output, that did not allow individual process editing.
ailia

Post by ailia »

Yes, you can specify what to sort by: Name, NonPagedSystemMemory, PagedSystemMemory, PagedMemory, VirtualMemory, PrivateMemory, WorkingSet, and CPU Usage.

Can also request any of those fields as the measure output. I can add PID if you need it.

Quick Example to show how its currently set up, plugin isn't quite ready for release, the CPU sort can currently cause "bad stuff". May release a beta without the CPU Usage aspect soon though.

[Memory]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\Processes.dll
Sort=WorkingSet

[ProcessName1]
Measure=Plugin
ParentName=Memory
Field=Name
ProcessNumber=1

[ProcessMemory1]
Measure=Plugin
ParentName=Memory
Field=WorkingSet
ProcessNumber=1
Feel free to throw questions as they come, hope to have something out there in the next day or so.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Looks great! :thumbup:

I don't need the PID... I sometimes use it in Linux to kill tasks, but not Windows.

I look forward to beta testing!
ailia

Post by ailia »

Well, at least I've got the performance where I want it, picture taken with all meters running at Update=100 and no additional dividers. Sadly I don't have access to my toolchain from here and the current debug build isn't really safe, I'll PM you a beta link tomorrow morning eclectic-tech.

Think the only missing feature from TopProcesses is the filtering currently; if anyone wants this, let me know.

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Filtering for processes like svchost.exe, and others, could be useful...

Will keep an eye out for PM... :)
ailia

Post by ailia »

Chatted up jsmorley a bit, going to add the filtering after all, but with a threshold to show processes that are filtered if CPU crosses the threshold.

Also, what OSes can you test? Sounding like Win 8/8.1 and Win10 need coverage most.