It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:30 pm

Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
theAzack9
Developer

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Post by theAzack9 »

StArL0rd84 wrote: March 19th, 2019, 6:47 am Could this plugin copy something FROM rainmeter?
Example: I want to drag a line of text into notepad.
If not, then it would be a awesome addition to your plugin.
I have thought on a feature that allows you to specify the content of a drag operation from rainmeter, i might investigate it a later point...

I still want to do a overhaul of this someday
theimmersion

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Post by theimmersion »

Hurry up with the overhaul. :Whistle :D
flauros6436

Post by flauros6436 »

youre like the only one who is working on this so yeah, a new version would be very apreciated
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

theAzack9 wrote: March 19th, 2019, 2:23 pm I have thought on a feature that allows you to specify the content of a drag operation from rainmeter, i might investigate it a later point...

I still want to do a overhaul of this someday
I need it for a tool skin called RainTools, which has all the meters, measures and plugins from rainmeter documentation.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31759&p=160562&hilit=Raintools#p160438
But at this point it just uses the clipboard as a intermediary.

This tool promises drag and drop when it's released. but I can't use that for my purpose.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27758
([mWorkTime] = 1 ? #Work# : ([mEnergyLoss:%] >= 70% ? #Chillmode# : </>))
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Is there a older version of this plugin that works (doesn't write to multiple variables at once) we can use, while we wait for the 3.2 release?
Creation Room

Post by Creation Room »

Hi mates, (it's my first post here, and I'm not good at speaking english so be kind ^^')
I wanted to use this useful plugin but was confront to this problem : one child trigger the OnDropAction of the others :???:?
So I quickly came up with a dirty but working trick eheh.

The Trick is to use the OnOverAction/OnLeaveAction to overwrite the OnDropAction on childs :
I leave the OnDropAction empty : This way it will not perform any action.
I use OnOverAction to perform a !SetOption on OnDropAction : This will "enable" the child measure when your cursor is over the "bounds"
I use OnLeaveAction to perform a !SetOption on OnDropAction : This will "disable" the child measure when the cursor leave the "bounds"
But because both the OnOverAction/OnLeaveAction are triggered only if you drag an item, you have to add the bang to "disable" the child measure in the OnOverAction.

TEMPLATE (Replace UpperCase string with your own data)

[CHILDMEASURE]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds="PARENTMEASURE"
Action="ACTION"
OnOverAction=[!SetOption CHILDMEASURE OnDropAction """[BANGACTION][!SetOption CHILDMEASURE OnDropAction ""][!Update]"""][!Update]
OnLeaveAction=[!SetOption CHILDMEASURE OnDropAction ""]
OnDropAction=

WARNING : Don't forget to use the magic quote """ for the !SetOption on the OnOverAction.

I modified the first example of the documentation to show you how it works :

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop

[DragNDropChild1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=DropMeter1
Action=Path
OnOverAction=[!SetOption DragNDropChild1 OnDropAction """[!Log "You dropped a file in the first child!"][!SetOption DragNDropChild1 OnDropAction ""][!Update]"""][!Update]
OnLeaveAction=[!SetOption DragNDropChild1 OnDropAction ""][!Update]
OnDropAction=

[DragNDropChild2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=DropMeter2
Action=Path
OnOverAction=[!SetOption DragNDropChild2 OnDropAction """[!Log "You dropped a file in the second child!"][!SetOption DragNDropChild2 OnDropAction ""][!Update]"""][!Update]
OnLeaveAction=[!SetOption DragNDropChild2 OnDropAction ""][!Update]
OnDropAction=

[DropMeter1]
Meter=Image
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255

[DropMeter2]
Meter=Image
X=200
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255
Hope this little trick will be as useful for you as it was for me ;-) Still waiting for a overhaul :thumbup:

By Creation Room
Last edited by Creation Room on May 30th, 2019, 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Creation Room wrote: May 30th, 2019, 3:29 pm Hope this little trick will be as useful for you as it was for me ;-) Still waiting for a overhaul :thumbup:

By Creation Room
Clever man
Thank you
tenor.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Can you add support for dropping a web link on a meter from a web browser?
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Sorry for double posting, but i feel i need to phrase my last question better.

Will you add support for dropping a URL?
Would be really handy for webparser skins.
Setsukka

Post by Setsukka »

Creation Room wrote: May 30th, 2019, 3:29 pm Hope this little trick will be as useful for you as it was for me ;-) Still waiting for a overhaul :thumbup:

By Creation Room
Your trick is so creative and useful. Now I can add the function of droping paths in my skin. Really thank you!