It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:35 pm

Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Post by eclectic-tech »

eclectic-tech wrote:ProcessAllFiles=1 added to the Parent measure only process the first file dropped. A !Refresh will not reset to allow further drops, only unloading/loading allows it to delete only the first file dropped again.

Did I miss something?
Bump! :D
theAzack9
Developer

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Post by theAzack9 »

eclectic-tech wrote:Bump! :D
Sorry, i saw this but forgot about it again :oops:
It should work if you put ProcessAllFiles=1 in the MeasureDelete instead of the MeasureDnD :) ( i hope, or else there might be something wrong in the code again...)
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

StArL0rd84 wrote:Getting a warning in the log:
No path specified! Please specify the destination in the option Path! will be disabled! (SkinName\Recycle\Recycle.ini - [DragNDropParent])

Just using for a recyclebin.
Here is my code:

Code: Select all

[DragNDropParent]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=Drag&Drop
 Action=None

[DragNDropChild1]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=Drag&Drop
 Parent=DragNDropParent
 Bounds=0,0,323,83
 Action=Delete
Hmm, this is weird... I'll try look into it when i have the time :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks! No rush... really. :)

I will try again with the ProcessAllFiles=1 in different parents/child measures combinations, and let you know.
Marian

Post by Marian »

ReplaceIfExists=1 does not work for me. I use Rainmeter 4.0 64-bit, Drag&Drop v3.1.0.3.

Here is my code:

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop

[MeasureDropIconForCurrentShortcut]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=ShortcutDropImageHere_Background
Action=Copy
FilePath=#@#Icons
ReplaceIfExists=1
OnDropAction=[!CommandMeasure "Script" "saveCurrentShortcutIconDropped('$Name$.$Type$')"]
I tried copying/moving two different image files and nothing. Did I do something wrong?
Marian

Post by Marian »

Marian wrote:ReplaceIfExists=1 does not work for me. I use Rainmeter 4.0 64-bit, Drag&Drop v3.1.0.3.

Here is my code:

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop

[MeasureDropIconForCurrentShortcut]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=ShortcutDropImageHere_Background
Action=Copy
FilePath=#@#Icons
ReplaceIfExists=1
OnDropAction=[!CommandMeasure "Script" "saveCurrentShortcutIconDropped('$Name$.$Type$')"]
I tried copying/moving two different image files and nothing. Did I do something wrong?
I downloaded the code from GitHub and found a solution to above issue:

ReplaceIfExists=1 replaced by OverrideExisting=1 and works fine.

Btw I found other issue:

when I have several measures enjoying the plug-in then regardless of which I use at this moment, these are executed event OnDropAction for each of them! It should not work like this.

Code:

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop

[MeasureDropIconForTrashEmpty]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=whatever
Action=Copy
FilePath=#@#Icons
OverrideExisting=1
OnDropAction=[!CommandMeasure "Script" "saveTrashEmptyIconDropped('$Name$.$Type$')"]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureDropIconForTrashFull]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=whatever
Action=Copy
FilePath=#@#Icons
OverrideExisting=1
OnDropAction=[!CommandMeasure "Script" "saveTrashFullIconDropped('$Name$.$Type$')"]
DynamicVariables=1
Same can be observed in example:

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop

[DragNDropChild1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=0,0,100,200
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!Log "You dropped a file in the first child!"]

[DragNDropChild2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Parent=DragNDropParent
Bounds=DropMeter2
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!Log "You dropped a file in the secound child!"]

[DropMeter1]
Meter=Image
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255

[DropMeter2]
Meter=Image
X=200
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255
Any ideas to solve my issue ?
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

@Marian

Seems at some point during the 3.1. upgrade things got really unstable...
I'll probably go through and fix a lot of things in the near future when i have the time.
Also, i forgot that i even have a github repository... That thing is probably pretty old by now, i'll make sure to update it when i push for 3.2 :)
Thanks for looking into this, i'll add it to the todo-list and i'm sorry for all the struggle the bugs has cause :P
3rdTraveler

Post by 3rdTraveler »

Hi!, Nice plugin!, I've tried to make a skin using it, but, I have a problem, I have to copy one image to a specified location, I actually solved it, but, I want to copy it with a diferent name, and I don't know how to do it, Can someone help me please?; and, I have a question, can I upload my skin to DVArt with the plugin included? I would add the rights for the creator of the plugin. Thanks!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

3rdTraveler wrote:Hi!, Nice plugin!, I've tried to make a skin using it, but, I have a problem, I have to copy one image to a specified location, I actually solved it, but, I want to copy it with a diferent name, and I don't know how to do it, Can someone help me please?; and, I have a question, can I upload my skin to DVArt with the plugin included? I would add the rights for the creator of the plugin. Thanks!
This plugin can not rename a file.
Copy? Yes! ... Rename? No!

I would be very leery of offering any skin using this plugin as it is right now; did you read the post above yours? :confused:
The author needs to work on several bugs when he gets time... which hasn't happened yet.

I would strongly advise NOT to use a buggy plugin in anything you want to make public. :uhuh:
It is fine for personal use, but to publish a buggy skin only frustrates users, and is detrimental to Rainmeter's reputation :x
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

3rdTraveler wrote:Hi!, Nice plugin!, I've tried to make a skin using it, but, I have a problem, I have to copy one image to a specified location, I actually solved it, but, I want to copy it with a diferent name, and I don't know how to do it, Can someone help me please?; and, I have a question, can I upload my skin to DVArt with the plugin included? I would add the rights for the creator of the plugin. Thanks!
While eclectic-tech already mostly answered this i thought i should just make a heads up anyways.

While i don't think the bugs in this plugin is major i would probably advice you to wait just a little longer until i'm done with the new version. (I hope to be done around next week, it isn't really that much more to do, but i have a lot of exams coming up)

There is no and probably won't be any way to rename a copied file as that is not really what i personally want this plugin to do. I do not say that this will never happen, but i'm at least against it currently. However, it is certainly possible to do with some other tool. The OnDropAction should be executed after the file itself is moved, which means that you can use the $File$ substitution to rename the file after you copied it. (E.g using the CommandMeasure with something like "rename $File$ "MyName")

You full permission to publish a skin with this plugin attached :) (I added a comment under the redistributable in case anyone in the future is confused about this)
You can download the redistributable zip file and it contains both the x32 and the x64 version you need in order to bundle it with your skin.