It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:13 am

Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
theAzack9
Developer

Re: Drag&Drop[V 2.0.0] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, Now open sourced :D

Post by theAzack9 »

dvo wrote:what does this more than quick link plugin :welcome: ?

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22730 :rolmfao:
beware it's a slide in menu so it's hidden on start :lol:
I didn't even know about that plugin(and trust me, i've searched... alot)

I had a hard time extracting all the possibilities from the QuickLink plugin, but i couldn't find any way of deleting, creating shortcut, moving or simply, just getting the path of the file dropped. These are all things my plugin currently does, but if i had seen that plugin earlier, i probably wouldn't have bothered to create it myself... :lol:

Well, we'll see how things goes! ;)
theAzack9
Developer

Re: Drag&Drop[V 2.0.0] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, Now open sourced :D

Post by theAzack9 »

dvo wrote:quicklink from cfixd but i think yours is better i think what i have read
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=20773 ;-)
It sure looks interesting. There hasn't been any new posts for soon a year tho, but i see that cfixd is still active.
I hope there aren't any issues that there are two plugins with the same functionality tho... Thanks for letting me know anyways. :)

Thanks! If you or any others have any request for the plugin, i'll be sure to implement it ;)
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

dvo wrote:i know a plugin that's use full to make couse the guy who made it went to a mac instead of pc so couldn't write any more
he made the now play dll and it's not working any more if you have the time that would help a lot for many

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=16981
I'll see what i can do ;-) but i don't have much time before summer(exams coming in half a month), so i won't promise anything before i'm done with that :)
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

I love the change you've made. Definitely adds a lot more potential this way.
Bobburt444

Post by Bobburt444 »

Really liking this one so far. Still trying to figure out how I can use it haha.

Any plans on adding another action like Open? Give a path to a .exe and when something is dragged and dropped, it'll open said thing in that program. I do this all the time whenever I use Photoshop.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

Bobburt444 wrote:Really liking this one so far. Still trying to figure out how I can use it haha.

Any plans on adding another action like Open? Give a path to a .exe and when something is dragged and dropped, it'll open said thing in that program. I do this all the time whenever I use Photoshop.
I don't think there needs to be an action for it, because it should be relatively simple to do ;)

Code: Select all

[MeasureDrag&Drop]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=Drag&Drop
 Action=Path
 OnDroppedAction=["$FileDirectory$\\$FileName$$FileType$"]
 OnDropActionSubstitute="\:\\"
I am working on an update which will introduce new bangs, OnDragEnterAction and OnDragLeaveAction, and a comeback of the X, Y, W and H options! :D
theAzack9
Developer

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.0.0] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Post by theAzack9 »

Version 3.0.0 released :D
Active Colors

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.0.0] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Post by Active Colors »

theAzack9 wrote:Version 3.0.0 released :D
I'm really astonished with your made work and the fact that you continue working on it. Thank you! Besides, could you explain why I would need Parent and why I can't go with just child? For example this is your example.

Code: Select all

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop

[DragNDropChild1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Bounds=0,0,100,200
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!Log "You dropped a file in the first child!"]

[DragNDropChild2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Bounds=DropMeter2
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!Log "You dropped a file in the secound child!"]

[DropMeter1]
Meter=Image
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255

[DropMeter2]
Meter=Image
X=200
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255
It does not makes sense for me having here the Parent.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

Active Colors wrote:I'm really astonished with your made work and the fact that you continue working on it. Thank you! Besides, could you explain why I would need Parent and why I can't go with just child? For example this is your example.

It does not makes sense for me having here the Parent.
Sorry... i forgot to add the parent option. lol
It should be fixed now ;)
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

dvo wrote:theAzack9 is there a way to alter your window mirror so you could use it as video screen of vlc player in rainmeter?
and maybe in size ajustable? that would be a nice add on for rainmeter? or is that impossble? :D
I have plans ;) (i want to make it not be an exe file...) I'm working on waaay to many projects at once tho, so i can't really give an eta (soontm))