It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:27 pm

[V1.1.2] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
rxtd

Re: [V1.1.1] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Post by rxtd »

Version 1.1.1 have one very annoying feature: if always writes "Acrylic is not supported on windows 10 builds until build 17063. Falling back to blur." on older versions of Windows.
I think that if I don't use Acrylic blur then the plugin shouldn't complain about version.
Same should be happening with Windows <10: even if the blur is disabled, the plugin writes message to logs.
And if a skin uses "BlurEnabled" option then after update to 1.1.1 plugin writes warnings to logs, so this version is not 100% backward compatible.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

When using Acrylic or Blur in V1.1.1, skins blur flickers on/off when the skin updates when DynamicVariables=1. If a skin is set to Update=100, it's a strobe disco.

Hopefully you can fix this, because I like the Acrylic effect. The previous version did not flicker with DynamicVariables=1.

(The reason why I use DynamicVariables is to turn blur on or off without refreshing, such as during a transition using ActionTimer -- Maybe add a CommandMeasure for FrostedGlass to turn on and off blur?)

Edit: I've fixed the problem by using [!SetOption FrostedGlass DynamicVariables 0] when a transition is complete. But I'll leave this up so that you're aware of the flickering problem on update.

Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Good work, by the way.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

kyriakos876 wrote:Any chance I can change the color of the blur to something more white without adding a meter that messes with the opacity? (See windows 10 settings)
There is a field for this, but it only works for the acrylic type. I still think that the best way to add a tint is to set BackgroundMode=2 and SolidColor=Color in the Rainmeter section of the skin, since this will tint the entire skin without the need of any meters. :)
rxtd wrote: Version 1.1.1 have one very annoying feature: if always writes "Acrylic is not supported on windows 10 builds until build 17063. Falling back to blur." on older versions of Windows.
I think that if I don't use Acrylic blur then the plugin shouldn't complain about version.
Same should be happening with Windows <10: even if the blur is disabled, the plugin writes message to logs.
And if a skin uses "BlurEnabled" option then after update to 1.1.1 plugin writes warnings to logs, so this version is not 100% backward compatible.
The newest version should make the logger be a bit better :) It should now only log once or when the options change and only if the option is set to the invalid value.
Virginityrocks wrote: When using Acrylic or Blur in V1.1.1, skins blur flickers on/off when the skin updates when DynamicVariables=1. If a skin is set to Update=100, it's a strobe disco.

Hopefully you can fix this, because I like the Acrylic effect. The previous version did not flicker with DynamicVariables=1.

(The reason why I use DynamicVariables is to turn blur on or off without refreshing, such as during a transition using ActionTimer -- Maybe add a CommandMeasure for FrostedGlass to turn on and off blur?)

Edit: I've fixed the problem by using [!SetOption FrostedGlass DynamicVariables 0] when a transition is complete. But I'll leave this up so that you're aware of the flickering problem on update.
I really thought i tested dynamic variables :/ I seems it flickers when i just keep reapplying the effect, so i added a small check if it has changed or not. It should be fixed in the newest version. :) Thanks for reporting.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

theAzack9 wrote:There is a field for this, but it only works for the acrylic type. I still think that the best way to add a tint is to set BackgroundMode=2 and SolidColor=Color in the Rainmeter section of the skin, since this will tint the entire skin without the need of any meters. :)
I'm aware of the option but I will have to add "opacity" in the solidcolor option which would go against of what I wantI want to keep the opacity but with a white accent.
MaxCorpIndustries

Re: [V1.1.2] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Post by MaxCorpIndustries »

Is there any way to change the intensity of the blur? Unfortunately the current blur is too strong (I am using the plugin to produce a 'blurred' effect, but still leave text visible).
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

MaxCorpIndustries wrote:Is there any way to change the intensity of the blur? Unfortunately the current blur is too strong (I am using the plugin to produce a 'blurred' effect, but still leave text visible).
It is sadly just an on/off toggle for it, sorry :/
If Microsoft ever adds a way to change the intensity, then i'll be sure to add it tho :)

That said, you can somewhat control it by changing the transparency of the skin itself in the manage menu.
MaxCorpIndustries

Post by MaxCorpIndustries »

Thanks, that worked better than I expected!
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

What are the proper commands to switch between Blur and acrylic?
And is there a command to turn it on and off?

Your example skin did not demonstrate...
([mWorkTime] = 1 ? #Work# : ([mEnergyLoss:%] >= 70% ? #Chillmode# : </>))
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

StArL0rd84 wrote: October 14th, 2018, 12:13 pm What are the proper commands to switch between Blur and acrylic?
And is there a command to turn it on and off?

Your example skin did not demonstrate...
I would suggest doing [!SetOption FrostedGlass Type Acrylic][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass] if you want to use acrylic. :) (Note, i don't have access to rainmeter atm, so i haven't tested this, but i think it should work ;) )

Technically is it possible to do [!CommandMeasure FrostedGlass EnableBlur] (/DisableBlur / ToggleBlur), but these are deprecated and when enabling will force the plugin to use blur instead of acrylic, but if you are going to use exclusively the blur, then this is an option.