It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:17 pm

[V1.1.2] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: FrostedGlass - Frosted glass effect in windows 10

Post by balala »

theAzack9, this would be a great plugin, but now I have a problem. Could I achieve somehow to blur not what I have behind the skin, but the images on the skin? This would be useful for me now.
Thanks.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

balala wrote:theAzack9, this would be a great plugin, but now I have a problem. Could I achieve somehow to blur not what I have behind the skin, but the images on the skin? This would be useful for me now.
Thanks.
Sorry for a late answer...

The thing with the magic that is done in c++ is that it is all or nothing, so there isn't any way of choosing a part to blur. :/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

theAzack9 wrote:The thing with the magic that is done in c++ is that it is all or nothing, so there isn't any way of choosing a part to blur. :/
My question didn't relate to this.
I have the following code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
SkinWidth=120
SkinHeight=90

[BlurBehind]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FrostedGlass
BlurEnabled=1

[Meter]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Whatever.png
X=10
Y=10
W=100
H=70
Now the parts of the skin uncovered by the image are blurring what I have behind them. I'd like to blur the image itself (which is part of the skin). Could I?
Thanks.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

balala wrote:My question didn't relate to this.
I have the following code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
SkinWidth=120
SkinHeight=90

[BlurBehind]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FrostedGlass
BlurEnabled=1

[Meter]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Whatever.png
X=10
Y=10
W=100
H=70
Now the parts of the skin uncovered by the image are blurring what I have behind them. I'd like to blur the image itself (which is part of the skin). Could I?
Thanks.
It is probably possible, but not with this plugin, sorry.

Could you "pre-blur" the image and switch between the blurred and the non-blurred version? You can probably achieve the blur effect with something like ImageMagick.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

theAzack9 wrote:It is probably possible, but not with this plugin, sorry.
Ok, that's exactly what I thought, too. Just asked, to be sure.
theAzack9 wrote:Could you "pre-blur" the image and switch between the blurred and the non-blurred version? You can probably achieve the blur effect with something like ImageMagick.
No, that's not a viable option, because I should have to blur some changing images (in a "slideshow" skin).
But thanks anyway for your reply.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Still haven't found a way to specify the blur regions X Y coordinates, or W H? :-(
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

This method will only set the blur to the entire skin window, there is no way at all to ever 'control' the blurring with this method.

The only work around I could see if you made a 'dummy' skin that you control its location and dimensions from another skin - but even this method would probably have some problems (like dragging the skin to a new location).

-Brian
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

Brian wrote:This method will only set the blur to the entire skin window, there is no way at all to ever 'control' the blurring with this method.

The only work around I could see if you made a 'dummy' skin that you control its location and dimensions from another skin - but even this method would probably have some problems (like dragging the skin to a new location).

-Brian
Hmmm, it could work by making hwnd's that always stays behind the skin, but i don't think that is a good idea at all. (plugin-wise) Though it would certainly be possible, but really hacky...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Brian wrote:The only work around I could see if you made a 'dummy' skin that you control its location and dimensions from another skin - but even this method would probably have some problems (like dragging the skin to a new location).
Yes, I thought to this, but from my point of view, it's hard to handle it, exactly for what you've described.
Thanks anyway.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

It's not a huge deal so long as you don't mind limiting the aesthetics to square windows. As long as the skin width and height are fixed, like in my case, it's fine.