kyriakos876

Re: FrostedGlass - Frosted glass effect in windows 10

Post by kyriakos876 »

Thanks a ton for the dlls <3
Cobaas

Post by Cobaas »

Hi there,

Thanks for making this, really looks great!

I'm just wondering how everyone is getting it to lock with a shortcut? Atm I have to manually load and unload the skin to lock the screen, which ruins it for me.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Cobaas
jminternelia

Post by jminternelia »

Is it possible to apply blue to multiple layers?

Example, let's say I have a rainy transparent image, and then over that I have another, let's say "menu" set of images and string meters, but I want to blur out the transparent image while keeping everything else unblurred... is there a way to do that?
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

jminternelia wrote:Is it possible to apply blue to multiple layers?

Example, let's say I have a rainy transparent image, and then over that I have another, let's say "menu" set of images and string meters, but I want to blur out the transparent image while keeping everything else unblurred... is there a way to do that?
This is not possible with this plugin.

This plugin asks Windows to apply the blur to the entire skin window before Rainmeter draws anything to it. You cannot blur "on top" of what Rainmeter draws. You also cannot control the location of the blur (like you could with Windows 7).

-Brian
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

Updated to version 1.1 :)
theAzack9
Developer

Re: [V1.1] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Post by theAzack9 »

Bump title, sorry >.<
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Very nice addition theAzack9!

I did notice one small issue, if I add this measure to a skin, and then remove or comment out the entire FrostedGlass measure, the effect remains on a skin refresh... I have to unload/reload the skin to remove the blur effect even though the measure was removed from the code. :???:

Rather than remove or comment out the section, I can set Type=None and it removes the effect. So it is not really a problem, I just found it strange that the effect remained, even when completely removed from the code, and the skin refreshed. :uhuh:

Thanks for the added features; they look great! :thumbup:

EDIT: I forgot to mention the plugin updated when installed, but the PlugIn information still shows version 1.0.0.0
blurplugin.png
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

eclectic-tech wrote:Very nice addition theAzack9!

I did notice one small issue, if I add this measure to a skin, and then remove or comment out the entire FrostedGlass measure, the effect remains on a skin refresh... I have to unload/reload the skin to remove the blur effect even though the measure was removed from the code. :???:

Rather than remove or comment out the section, I can set Type=None and it removes the effect. So it is not really a problem, I just found it strange that the effect remained, even when completely removed from the code, and the skin refreshed. :uhuh:

Thanks for the added features; they look great! :thumbup:

EDIT: I forgot to mention the plugin updated when installed, but the PlugIn information still shows version 1.0.0.0blurplugin.png

Ah, right. I will fix that, thanks :) (hopefully tomorrow)

(i thought i fixed the plugin information, but seems i forgot to rebuild. Thanks for the heads up )
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

[quote="eclectic-tech"][/quote]

Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting :)
kyriakos876

Re: [V1.1.1] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Post by kyriakos876 »

Any chance I can change the color of the blur to something more white without adding a meter that messes with the opacity? (See windows 10 settings)