It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:19 am

Notepad++: Snippets for Rainmeter

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Notepad++: Snippets for Rainmeter

Post by eclectic-tech »

Active Colors wrote:Sorry, but it seems I can't to install your snippets properly. Whenever I try to open Snippets in Notepad++ it throws me a message saying "Unable to find the database, check your installation!" and Snippets can't be loaded.

Could you describe the way you install snippets?
The 'Spoiler" section of the first post describes this.
Let me know if this still doesn't work for you.

I am using Snippets v1.2 (installed through Notepad++ Plugin Manager)
Notepad++ v6.8.8
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Active Colors wrote:Sorry, but it seems I can't to install your snippets properly. Whenever I try to open Snippets in Notepad++ it throws me a message saying "Unable to find the database, check your installation!" and Snippets can't be loaded.

Could you describe the way you install snippets?
Download the .zip file from the first post here, and unzip it somewhere. You will have a file "NppSnippets.sqlite", which is a MySQL database file.

Start Notepad++

Use the Plugins / Snippets menu select from the Notepad++ toolbar, to load the snippets panel on the right of the interface.
1.jpg
If you have any existing Rainmeter snippet library already installed, DELETE IT FIRST. Simply right-click the snippet header in the snippet panel and say "Delete library".
2.jpg
Right click the snippet header again, and say "Import library"
3.jpg
Find that "NppSnippets.sqlite" file in the "Open" dialog, and select it. Use the pull-down to first find "Rainmeter Templates" and select that to import it.
4.jpg
Again, right click the snippet header again, and say "Import library"

Find that "NppSnippets.sqlite" file in the "Open" dialog, and select it. Use the pull-down to first fine "Rainmeter Action Bangs" and select that to import it.
5.jpg
You can select which of the two Rainmeter snippet libraries you want to use with the snippet header pull-down.
6.jpg
You can close and open the snippet panel from the Plugins / Snippets toolbar item.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

As I told before the Snippets panel is not appearing. Whenever I try to open it it shows me an error as described in my previous post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Active Colors wrote:As I told before the Snippets panel is not appearing. Whenever I try to open it it shows me an error as described in my previous post.
I think you might want to open the Plugin Manager, and "reinstall" the core "snippets" plugin.
1.jpg
Or maybe "Remove" it and then "Install" it fresh.

Then use eclectic-tech's .zip to import the Rainmeter stuff.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

jsmorley, Snippets finally work after installing it from plugin manager. Before I was downloading it from author's page (which is newer version than in the plugin manager). Thank you.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Active Colors wrote:jsmorley, Snippets finally work after installing it from plugin manager. Before I was downloading it from author's page (which is newer version than in the plugin manager). Thank you.
I have used both versions of Snippets, V1.2 & V1.3, and both work.

The installation has to be done manually, if you download the newer version from the website.

There is no real advantage in using the newer version, so installing through Notepad++'s Plugin Manager is the recommended method to get started.

Glad to hear you got it working.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated the snippet libraries in the first post to include the new Shape meters and InputText options.

Download the zip, expand it, and import the updated 'Rainmeter Templates' library.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated Snippet Library

String meter includes FontWeight.
TransformationMatrix parameter description corrected (skew x & skew Y were reversed).

Link in first post contains updated Snippet Libraries. :welcome:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote:plugin has no 64bit.dll any more in dropbox .... so doesn't work for me .... :D
I informed the author about this in April. He has been busy with life and was going to look into alternate distribution methods. I replied to your PM with more info.

I am using the 32-bit version of Notepad++ and version 1.3 of Snippets on my 64-bit system. :)

EDIT: If you use the Plugin Manager in Notepad++, you can install the latest version (1.4) of Snippets, which includes the 64-bit library. BTW, using Notepad++'s Plugin Manager is the preferred way to add/remove plugins in Notepad++. :D
pluginmgr.png
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Information on Setting Rainmeter Association to show [Sections] after Updating Notepad++

I recently updated Notepad++ to v7.5.1 and lost my FunctionList association for Rainmeter file [Sections].
This is to be expected because languages are added to Notepad++ and the langID will change for ones added by end users.

Normally, this would be a simple matter of:
  • opening "AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\functionlist.xml"
  • increasing the langID one number at a time
  • closing and re-opening Notepad++
  • then opening a Rainmeter skin to test if the sections appear.
My advice is "Don't get discouraged" if you have to increase that number quite a bit to get the association working again...
I had to increase the langID by almost 30 numbers before it worked; originally it was 58 ... now it is 85 :jawdrop

Depending on how often you update Notepad++, just be aware that quite a few languages may have been added to it's library.

The association number for the Rainmeter language may need to increased significantly to get sections to show in the functionlist. :great: