It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:49 pm

NomFerp Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
jsmorley
Developer

Re: New PerfMon Plugin

Post by jsmorley »

Looks good, but to be honest I'm not a fan of that form of "fixed precision". What that really is is "fixed length", which personally I find odd. Having it use 12.0% and 5.00% in order to fix the length by dynamically adjusting the decimal places. To each his own though.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jsmorley wrote:Looks good, but to be honest I'm not a fan of that form of "fixed precision". What that really is is "fixed length", which personally I find odd. Having it use 12.0% and 5.00% in order to fix the length by dynamically adjusting the decimal places. To each his own though.
It did get a bit of taking used to. I like it a lot though, because then I can accurately control the width of each number. In skins like mine and SIlverAzide's where width is a precious resource, it comes very much in handy.

E.g. Network Meter (curse you capital M's being wider than literally every other letter, curse you!):
2018-04-26 19_13_26-.png
Like you said, though, to each his own. Most people won't be using a script for it, so being able to just use AutoScale and NumOfDecimals would be fantastic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You might use a monospaced font... ;-)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Code: Select all

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=100.01 kB#CRLF#100.01 MB
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

I hate to double-post, so... https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=147811#p147811

Has anyone else noticed that for percentage perfmon objects, like "% Disk Time", the "_Total" counter is being summed instead of averaged? For example, if I have 4 disk drives that are idle, the "% IdleTime" "_Total" in UsageMonitor is 400%. PerfMon shows 100% for the total. The docs say the total counters ARE totaled, but I think in the case of counters that are percentages, they actually should be averaged. Thoughts?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:I hate to double-post, so... https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=147811#p147811

Has anyone else noticed that for percentage perfmon objects, like "% Disk Time", the "_Total" counter is being summed instead of averaged? For example, if I have 4 disk drives that are idle, the "% IdleTime" "_Total" in UsageMonitor is 400%. PerfMon shows 100% for the total. The docs say the total counters ARE totaled, but I think in the case of counters that are percentages, they actually should be averaged. Thoughts?
Did you try it with Index=0 instead of Name=_Total ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote:Did you try it with Index=0 instead of Name=_Total ?
Yep, sure did... :(

Code: Select all

[MeasureDiskIdleTimeAll]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=UsageMonitor
Category=LogicalDisk
Counter="% Idle Time"
Index=0
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jsmorley wrote:You might use a monospaced font... ;-)
This is getting off-topic so this is the last I'll say on the matter in this thread, but I tried using the monospaced version of Roboto and had amusing results:
2018-04-26 19_28_02-.png
Yeah... I'll just deal with the misalignment. All of the monospaced fonts I've tried take up way too much width for a 150 pixel wide skin.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:Yep, sure did... :(
Try Percent=1 on it. Any difference?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote:Try Percent=1 on it. Any difference?
I assume you mean on the measure? OK, I did, but for me the code snippet above is returning a value hovering around 600%.