It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:38 am

NomFerp Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
DollarD

Re: New PerfMon Plugin

Post by DollarD »

Hi Ap0st0l,

If it's not working, its possible there's issues with the performance counters. It happens to me occasionally. To fix, run cmd.exe as administrator, then:

Code: Select all

cd\windows\system32
lodctr /R
That rebuilds all performance counters, and everything works again.

Microsoft KnowledgeBase article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/300956

Hope that works for you!
Dreossk

Post by Dreossk »

What do I need to change to adapt it to my OS language? All the Order= and Counter= and add Categories? Because that doesn't work, all the values are still 0 and the log spams "The elements already has been added. Dictionary key: 'virtual size (bytes)' Key added: ''virtual size (bytes)'" every second. Are the names taken from "Add counter" then under the Process entry? I don't see anything referring to the name of the process there. I did the command above in your post and I have a working top 5 processs in another skin.

Also, what do I need to do to see all the processes instead of top 5?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Dreossk wrote:What do I need to change to adapt it to my OS language? All the Order= and Counter= and add Categories? Because that doesn't work, all the values are still 0 and the log spams "The elements already has been added. Dictionary key: 'virtual size (bytes)' Key added: ''virtual size (bytes)'" every second. Are the names taken from "Add counter" then under the Process entry? I don't see anything referring to the name of the process there. I did the command above in your post and I have a working top 5 processs in another skin.
I had the same problem you're describing (actually a fellow skin designer who tested my skin suite had it - since I use an English OS - but I was able to reproduce it) with the localized OS (aka the OS in a different language). If you add Category and Order and set them to your local language variants (as seen in Perfmon.msc) then you might be able to make some measures work, but not all of them (unless you're really lucky, lol) - check my last post on the previous page for details. For now, there is unfortunately no working solution for this, other than using an English version of Windows, since ailia, the developer, seems to have taken a break from this (or maybe busy with other stuff, I don't know).

One thing that should be noted though is that the plugin will work as expected if you install an English version of Windows and only install a language pack afterwards (at least according to my tests on the issue), since the Perfmon names will usually remain unchanged (or they can be addressed using English names). The only situation when you'll have trouble to get the plugin working as expected is if you install a "pure" non-English OS (aka built-in non-English) - otherwise if you install a language pack on the top of an original English OS, you should be fine, so you could have both the plugin working and the OS in your local language.

And yes, the category/counter names are taken from "Add counter" then under the Process entry, although, technically, they are in fact taken from a registry key holding the current/local names for the counters (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\CurrentLanguage), and there are also some files involved as well, in your System32 folder (the .dat files starting with 'perf'). I wouldn't advise on modifying that registry key or the files though.
Dreossk wrote:Also, what do I need to do to see all the processes instead of top 5?
There's no straightfoward way to do this. The only way I know of is creating enough measures/meters for, let's say, a maximum of 200 processes (Instance=1...200) and then hide the "blank" ones in your skin at every update. It's not pretty, but I think it'll work.
Dreossk

Post by Dreossk »

Thanks for the quick and very detailed explanation Yincognito! I guess I'll keep my current setup which is a Autohotkey script to generate the list of all processes then Rainmeter to display it.
Last edited by Dreossk on November 15th, 2015, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

No problem.
ailia

Post by ailia »

Been down a while with some medical issues, been working on the language issue though. No ETA yet; Have a working solution but the performance isn't acceptable.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Sorry to hear about that - hope you'll get better.
Was the issue dictionary related or was my wild guess wrong? :D
ailia

Post by ailia »

Give this a try, can't spool up a VM at the moment and don't have any non-native English installs to test on I'm afraid.
Attachments
NomFerp Language Test_.rmskin
(28.66 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Dreossk

Post by Dreossk »

Still 0 everywhere :( I see the variables are still in english, is that normal? I changed them but the same problem persists, there is a "name" variable and I don't have an equivalent for that in Perfmon.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ailia wrote:Give this a try, can't spool up a VM at the moment and don't have any non-native English installs to test on I'm afraid.
Same here, same log message as before (about a key "being adjusted") - tested on Win 8.1 French in a VM (the link from my last message from the previous page).

On Windows XP SP3 French though, while the message about the "adjusted key" is missing, there is a Log message that "Current Language Registry Key Not Found!" (for the CPU parent measure). It probably has to do with different registry paths in Win XP compared to Windows 7+ OS-es though, otherwise the message would have been shown in Win 8.1 as well.