It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:17 am

NomFerp Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
jsmorley
Developer

Re: New PerfMon Plugin

Post by jsmorley »

Looks good, but to be honest I'm not a fan of that form of "fixed precision". What that really is is "fixed length", which personally I find odd. Having it use 12.0% and 5.00% in order to fix the length by dynamically adjusting the decimal places. To each his own though.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jsmorley wrote:Looks good, but to be honest I'm not a fan of that form of "fixed precision". What that really is is "fixed length", which personally I find odd. Having it use 12.0% and 5.00% in order to fix the length by dynamically adjusting the decimal places. To each his own though.
It did get a bit of taking used to. I like it a lot though, because then I can accurately control the width of each number. In skins like mine and SIlverAzide's where width is a precious resource, it comes very much in handy.

E.g. Network Meter (curse you capital M's being wider than literally every other letter, curse you!):
2018-04-26 19_13_26-.png
Like you said, though, to each his own. Most people won't be using a script for it, so being able to just use AutoScale and NumOfDecimals would be fantastic.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You might use a monospaced font... ;-)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Code: Select all

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=100.01 kB#CRLF#100.01 MB
1.jpg
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

I hate to double-post, so... https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=147811#p147811

Has anyone else noticed that for percentage perfmon objects, like "% Disk Time", the "_Total" counter is being summed instead of averaged? For example, if I have 4 disk drives that are idle, the "% IdleTime" "_Total" in UsageMonitor is 400%. PerfMon shows 100% for the total. The docs say the total counters ARE totaled, but I think in the case of counters that are percentages, they actually should be averaged. Thoughts?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:I hate to double-post, so... https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=147811#p147811

Has anyone else noticed that for percentage perfmon objects, like "% Disk Time", the "_Total" counter is being summed instead of averaged? For example, if I have 4 disk drives that are idle, the "% IdleTime" "_Total" in UsageMonitor is 400%. PerfMon shows 100% for the total. The docs say the total counters ARE totaled, but I think in the case of counters that are percentages, they actually should be averaged. Thoughts?
Did you try it with Index=0 instead of Name=_Total ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote:Did you try it with Index=0 instead of Name=_Total ?
Yep, sure did... :(

Code: Select all

[MeasureDiskIdleTimeAll]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=UsageMonitor
Category=LogicalDisk
Counter="% Idle Time"
Index=0
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jsmorley wrote:You might use a monospaced font... ;-)
This is getting off-topic so this is the last I'll say on the matter in this thread, but I tried using the monospaced version of Roboto and had amusing results:
2018-04-26 19_28_02-.png
Yeah... I'll just deal with the misalignment. All of the monospaced fonts I've tried take up way too much width for a 150 pixel wide skin.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:Yep, sure did... :(
Try Percent=1 on it. Any difference?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote:Try Percent=1 on it. Any difference?
I assume you mean on the measure? OK, I did, but for me the code snippet above is returning a value hovering around 600%.