It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:18 am

NomFerp Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
riverofwind

chrome processes

Post by riverofwind »

Hi I have a quick question. Is there anyway to group chrome processes together for cpu and memory usage? I have ~59 tabs open right now with a chrome process for each. It would be nice to group them together under one process. Thanks!
riverofwind

Re: New PerfMon Plugin

Post by riverofwind »

Also on Win 10 64-bit using jsmorley cpu skin the cpu stats don't match task manager....
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

riverofwind,

1) No, there is no way to roll up processes using this plugin. We are working on something new that may be out before too long though. Stay tuned.

2) There is some difference between how Task Manager and Performance Monitor (which is what this plugin references) calculate the total CPU use when a process is using more than one CPU core. If you open PerfMon and watch that, I suspect you will find the values are more or less the same with this plugin. I'm not sure what the definitive answer is for this. I think you'd have to ask Schrödinger's cat...

Also be aware that these values are always a snapshot of an instant in time. If the skin updates once a second, it will get the value for the particular instant that the skin updates the measure. PerfMon and Task Manager and anything else you run will do much the same thing, but it won't be the "same" instant in time and the values may be different. Don't forget that a huge boatload of stuff can happen in "a second" in a computer.
riverofwind

Post by riverofwind »

We are working on something new that may be out before too long though. Stay tuned.
Where can I keep track?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

riverofwind wrote:Where can I keep track?
You can't we are in the early taking stages right now.
riverofwind

Post by riverofwind »

Is it an official rainmeter feature or a plugin?
riverofwind

Post by riverofwind »

Here are two skins I created using jsmorley's as bases. His are https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=109658#p109658 and https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=109707#p109707.

Here are mine:
speedfan.zip
(89.39 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
misc.zip
(89.45 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Speedfan measures 6 speedfan temperatures, I use for CPU/GPU and Cores 0-3. You'll have to change the SpeedFanNumbers to your own speedfan temp sensors numbers. Misc measures swap usage, two disk usages in MB/sec, your internal ip address, and your download and upload speed in MB/sec. You'll have to change the disks perfmoninstances and download/upload perfmoninstances. The relevant text to use for the instances shows up in Windows performance monitor, go to run prompt -> type perfmon and press enter. Then click on performance monitor on the left and then click the green plus button. Find the appropriate counter and instance. Happy skinning ! :) And thanks to jsmorley for his awesome skins.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

riverofwind wrote:Is it an official rainmeter feature or a plugin?
It will be an official Rainmeter measure
It will be an official Rainmeter plugin
Last edited by tjhrulz on March 26th, 2018, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
riverofwind

Post by riverofwind »

Any estimated ETA?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

riverofwind wrote:Any estimated ETA?
No, we don't make commitments for time frames of stuff we are talking about. Under-promise and over-deliver is our motto...