It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:05 pm

PluginBacklight - control the backlight of laptop or monitor

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
220v110

Re: PluginBacklight - control the backlight of laptop or monitor

Post by 220v110 »

If my notebook's screen turns off after inactivity, there is no way to turn it on, except to replug vga cable. But then rainmeter crashes.
Report.wer says:

Code: Select all

Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=131394166420500000
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=131394166422650000
ReportIdentifier=9494cd61-3a3f-11e7-baf3-84ef1833865e
IntegratorReportIdentifier=9494cd60-3a3f-11e7-baf3-84ef1833865e
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Anwendungsname
Sig[0].Value=Rainmeter.exe
Sig[1].Name=Anwendungsversion
Sig[1].Value=4.0.0.2746
Sig[2].Name=Anwendungszeitstempel
Sig[2].Value=58690b87
Sig[3].Name=Fehlermodulname
Sig[3].Value=Backlight.DLL
Sig[4].Name=Fehlermodulversion
Sig[4].Value=0.9.3.0
Sig[5].Name=Fehlermodulzeitstempel
Sig[5].Value=5406dc3e
Sig[6].Name=Ausnahmecode
Sig[6].Value=c0000094
Sig[7].Name=Ausnahmeoffset
Sig[7].Value=0000000000002779
DynamicSig[1].Name=Betriebsystemversion
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
DynamicSig[2].Name=Gebietsschema-ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1049
DynamicSig[22].Name=Zusatzinformation 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=d3b2
DynamicSig[23].Name=Zusatzinformation 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=d3b28e1465d1653d272ea887dea0fd45
DynamicSig[24].Name=Zusatzinformation 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=224f
DynamicSig[25].Name=Zusatzinformation 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=224f28392626a3da168ed0c0ba37772f
Epsonmaster

Post by Epsonmaster »

Hi,

first of all: Great Plugin!

It works great for me except that i can only control one monitor.

I have 3 similar 27" Dell Monitors with 2 connected by DVI and one by Display Port. All monitors have DDC/CI enabled. (The one which works is connected by DVI)

The problem seems to be, that the plugin can't find the other monitors.

If I set the Monitor index to 1 the log lists only Monitor 1 and if I set the index to 2 or 3 I get a warning in log saying "Backlight.dll: Fail to control monitor, no more tries"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Epsonmaster wrote:It works great for me except that i can only control one monitor.

I have 3 similar 27" Dell Monitors with 2 connected by DVI and one by Display Port. All monitors have DDC/CI enabled. (The one which works is connected by DVI)

The problem seems to be, that the plugin can't find the other monitors.

If I set the Monitor index to 1 the log lists only Monitor 1 and if I set the index to 2 or 3 I get a warning in log saying "Backlight.dll: Fail to control monitor, no more tries"

Any ideas?
Sorry, me personally can't help at this point, because I'm using one single monitor. Sorry...
cthunsthrall

Post by cthunsthrall »

I think the plugin has a problem with either recent versions of rainmeter or recent versions of windows. Upon waking up from sleep, the skin stops working and needs to be reloaded by switching layouts or something. This never happened to me before in some years of using this plugin but just kinda started spontaneously a month or two ago.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Me, clueless: Oh man, I sure love my actively updated operating system, I sure hope updating my Windows 10 machine and rolling all the security patches will not break my most useful skin.
Me, after: :-(

After updating Windows yesterday, the plugin has stopped working, the Rainmeter log reports "Plugin: Unable to load "Backlight" (error 126) (Backlight\Backlight_Simple.ini - [MeasureBacklight])".
Downgrading Rainmeter didn't work, so it's not a problem specific to Rainmeter, it's probably a change made in the Windows Management Interface that broke the plugin
Policy=Forcelevel didn't work either, though it shouldn't have worked since the plugin fails to load in the first place

EDIT: I love these source code comments
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jeff wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:53 pm After updating Windows yesterday, the plugin has stopped working, the Rainmeter log reports "Plugin: Unable to load "Backlight" (error 126) (Backlight\Backlight_Simple.ini - [MeasureBacklight])".
Downgrading Rainmeter didn't work, so it's not a problem specific to Rainmeter, it's probably a change made in the Windows Management Interface that broke the plugin
Policy=Forcelevel didn't work either, though it shouldn't have worked since the plugin fails to load in the first place
I'd try to reinstall the plugin, this way:
  • Remove the plugin (to do this, you have to manually remove the c:\<YourName>\Laci\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins\Backlight.dll file - take care that AppData is a hidden folder).
  • Restart Rainmeter (or at least refresh all).
  • Reinstall a skin (for instance Backlight_0.9.3.rmskin), containing the plugin.
I'm not sure at all this might help, it probably doesn't, however just to make sure, maybe would worth a try.
zivallh

Post by zivallh »

Hello guys!

I have the same issue and I figure out that if the UpdateDivider is "1" or it's not there, Rainmeter will crash, if you're using an app in a fullscreen mood or after sleep

it has to be "UpdateDivider=-1", but this won't run the "IfCondition" probably

Any solution for this?

[Backlight]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Backlight
Monitor=-1
Divide=10
Showlog=1

UpdateDivider=-1
 IfCondition=(Backlight < 1)
 IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterIcon ImageName "#@#Brightness-zero.png"][!Redraw]
 IfCondition2=(Backlight > 1) && (Backlight < 30)
 IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterIcon ImageName "#@#Brightness-low.png"][!Redraw]
 IfCondition3=(Backlight > 30) && (Backlight < 70)
 IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterIcon ImageName "#@#Brightness-med.png"][!Redraw]
 IfCondition4=(Backlight > 70)
 IfTrueAction4=[!SetOption MeterIcon ImageName "#@#Brightness-high.png"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

zivallh wrote: September 25th, 2022, 1:45 pm Hello guys!

I have the same issue and I figure out that if the UpdateDivider is "1" or it's not there, Rainmeter will crash, if you're using an app in a fullscreen mood or after sleep

it has to be "UpdateDivider=-1", but this won't run the "IfCondition" probably

Any solution for this?

[Backlight]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Backlight
Monitor=-1
Divide=10
Showlog=1

UpdateDivider=-1
 IfCondition=(Backlight < 1)
 IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterIcon ImageName "#@#Brightness-zero.png"][!Redraw]
 IfCondition2=(Backlight > 1) && (Backlight < 30)
 IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterIcon ImageName "#@#Brightness-low.png"][!Redraw]
 IfCondition3=(Backlight > 30) && (Backlight < 70)
 IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterIcon ImageName "#@#Brightness-med.png"][!Redraw]
 IfCondition4=(Backlight > 70)
 IfTrueAction4=[!SetOption MeterIcon ImageName "#@#Brightness-high.png"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
Have another process use [!UpdateMeasure Backlight] to update on demand and add IfConditionMode=1 to [Backlight]