It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:31 am

HotKey plugin 1.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
cfixd

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by cfixd »

Thank you for telling me so much. :) The only thing I've known before is that the MD makes the .dll file smaller.I really need to learn a lot.
Oleg_M

Post by Oleg_M »

Hello Brian!
How work your plugin?

On my computer work only 3 KEYS with your HotKey plugin v1.0 -> Caps, Scroll and Num - LOCK, Why?

Keyboard - Mitsumi PS/2 (2003)
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Oleg_M wrote:Hello Brian!
How work your plugin?

On my computer work only 3 KEYS with your HotKey plugin v1.0 -> Caps, Scroll and Num - LOCK, Why?

Keyboard - Mitsumi PS/2 (2003)
If you have an antivirus - try to stop it for a moment, then refresh your skin or reload rainmeter and see if it works.
Oleg_M

Post by Oleg_M »

Active Colors wrote:If you have an antivirus - try to stop it for a moment, then refresh your skin or reload rainmeter and see if it works.
Soory friend, plugin not working too, after performance of your recommendations :(
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Oleg_M wrote:Soory friend, plugin not working too, after performance of your recommendations :(
I have the same errors as your log showed, when I tried this skin on a system running Windows XP SP3.
It works on my Windows 10 system...

I do not think you will be able to use this on a Windows XP systems. O.O

Brian may be able to confirm this conclusion...
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

New version attached here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=102030#p102030

Apparently in XP (and previous OS's), Windows needed to know 'where' to look for the hook function. In later OS's, if the hook function was located inside the same process (or in this case a .dll file), then the location isn't required.

Thanks for catching this as it only affected Windows XP users.

-Brian

PS - I also included both 32-bit and 64-bit plugins inside the @Resources\HotKey.dll folder inside the .rmskin
Oleg_M

Post by Oleg_M »

Dear Brian!
You MAGIC MAN, thank you very much for fixed problem in WinXP Service Pack 3, after update to new version HotKey 1.0.0.12, all my skins with HotKey plugin WORK VERY FINE!!!! My work in the environment of Rainmeter very much was facilitated and the pleasure gives!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Hi all :welcome:
I have created this beautiful Rainmeter skin which uses the Hotkey plugin together with Nircmd to make a macro string for games. It works like a charm in the windows environment (Like in a text editor). But as soon as i maximize the game, nothing happens when i hit the hotkey.

I suspect that Rainmeter is not active when a full screen application is maximized.
My code is as follows:

[Variables]
nircmd=#@#\Addons\nircmd-x64\nircmd.exe
M1D1=1000
Macro1pt1=m

[Key1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=#Key1#
KeyDownAction=[#nircmd# cmdwait #M1D1# sendkeypress #Macro1Pt1#]

Returns the letter m in text editor but not in the game. (M should open a menu in-game)

I tried this line of code also, to play a sound for testing.
And it also only works when game is minimized :-(
KeyDownAction=[#nircmd# mediaplay 10000 "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\User Music\Bad Habits _ Tory Lanez Type Beat.mp3"]

Can i bring Rainmeter on top of the full screen game?
Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Michael.
Last edited by StArL0rd84 on January 26th, 2016, 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

No application can overlay on top of a fullscreen program, unless it hooks into the graphics renderer like Overwolf does.

Simply set your game to windowed or borderless fullscreen.
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

killall-q wrote:No application can overlay on top of a fullscreen program, unless it hooks into the graphics renderer like Overwolf does.

Simply set your game to windowed or borderless fullscreen.
Skin is overlayed on the game with windowed mode and borderless fullscreen.
That part works , but still no detection by the plugin.

Autohotkey works, but i want to use Rainmeter because then i can build an interface so the user easily can change the macros.
Maybe its a built in thing in the hotkey plugin that makes it stop "listening" for keypresses when ever rainmeter/windows comes out of focus.

Getting the skin to stay on top of the game either in windowed or windowed borderless is no longer the issue.
The fact that the hotkey plugin does not listen for input when the game is maximized, is.

Please help.
Michael.
Last edited by StArL0rd84 on January 26th, 2016, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.