It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:24 pm

HotKey plugin 1.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
killall-q

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by killall-q »

The plugin doesn't automatically stop itself. You must send a stop or toggle command to it.

I don't have GTA V, but I'm testing this in Black Ops 3 with my Snake game and I'm not having any trouble getting it to intercept keystrokes when BO3 is focused, fullscreen or windowed fullscreen. If you want to do the same test you have to comment out OnFocusAction= and OnUnfocusAction= in [Rainmeter].
EduChrispim

Post by EduChrispim »

Very usefull thanks a lot!!
QwopJoans

Post by QwopJoans »

I'm trying to use this plugin along with the [!SetOption] bang and I can't seem to get it to work. I know for like FileView you have to run a [!CommandMeasure MeasureName Update] to update the measure, do I need to do something similar here?

Code: Select all

[!SetOption Delete KeyUpAction """["#@#Apps\nircmd.exe" qboxcomtop "Are you sure you want to permanently delete [m#IndexHover#Name]?" "Delete Folder"  execmd rd /s /q "#Path#[m#IndexHover#Name]\"]"""][!UpdateMeasure Delete]
Edit: Got it working, just need to have KeyUpAction=[] inorder for it to be able to set the option.
GemiWagner

Post by GemiWagner »

Very nice and useful plugin :o

So for the "Fn" key, how do you do ?
HotKey=Fn or FN ?

Mine seems to not be detected :(
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

The 'Fn' key is usually keyboard specific and is generally not detected by the operating system. Its purpose is to basically give your keyboard more 'keys' (or options) while using a smaller amount of keys. It is really similar to the 'Shift' or 'Numlock' key in that it changes the meaning of the key that was pressed.

However, the HotKey plugin does accept raw virtual-key codes and there may be a chance that the OEM of your keyboard will send one of the Undefined, Unassigned, or OEM Specific key code for the Fn key. This is highly unlikely though and definitely NOT a standard keyboard OEM's have to follow.

See my notes here for how to use the 'raw' virtual-key code: https://github.com/brianferguson/HotKey.dll#features

Also, if you do come across a virtual-key code that works, it will not be portable to other computers, and should not be relied upon for skin distribution.

-Brian
GemiWagner

Post by GemiWagner »

Yay thank you very much ^^

ShowAllKeys gave me the keys's hex code :)
For those who want to know how I did it :
You need to add ShowAllKeys=1 in a Measure with the HotKey Plugin like this :

[ShowHexCode]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
ShowAllKeys=1
that show you the hex codes in the Rainmeter log.

For me, when I type Fn+Right Arrow, the log give me "Key: P, Hex: 0xB0"
(Whereas when I type the real P key, it give me "Key: P, Hex: 0x50")

So I use 0xB0 to play the next music on VLC:

[MeasureNextShortcut]
 ; Fn + RIGHT Arrow => NEXT Music
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=HotKey
 HotKey=0xB0
 KeyDownAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasurePlayer "Next"]
It's very easy ;)
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Hey, Brian. I'm wondering if this plugin can send keystrokes without actually pressing them.

For example, in AutoHotkey I can "send ^v". I'm wondering if I can do a similar thing with this plugin.

So that, for example, when I press a "Show Desktop" button in Rainmeter with a mouse click, it can send WIN+D to show the desktop. Or send WIN+A to show the Action Center in Windows 10.
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

Virginityrocks wrote:Hey, Brian. I'm wondering if this plugin can send keystrokes without actually pressing them.

For example, in AutoHotkey I can "send ^v". I'm wondering if I can do a similar thing with this plugin.
This plugin detects key presses, it doesn't send them.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

But could it? Is that a possibility in the future? I'm looking to create ways of accessing different features within Windows, Chrome, and other programs by switching focus to said window, and sending keyboard shortcuts to execute those commands.

So, for example, I can replicate this: Automatically changing dropdown menu commands to match the focused window for popular programs such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Steam, Photoshop and other programs, and communicating with those programs by (1) switching to the specified window and (2) sending the keyboard shortcuts associated with the desired command.

For example, through Rainmeter, sending CTRL+N to the chrome window to open a new chrome window
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

I have no plans to add this functionality to the plugin at this time. I am not really thrilled with addons/plugins that mimic user input, as I think they can easily be abused.

Having said that, there are some alternatives:
Nircmd: http://nircmd.nirsoft.net/sendkeypress.html
VB Script: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5169.vbscript-sendkeys-method.aspx

-Brian