It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:36 pm

AudioLevel

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
dgrace
Developer

Re: AudioLevel

Post by dgrace »

Socks the Fox wrote:I don't have any skins that use this, I was just hoping to provide a solution to the issue of that one function being so expensive.
Me too, I never switch audio devices, so it's a use case I'd have a hard time testing with a high chance of breakage. Thus I left DeviceList as an expensive "debug only" feature and haven't optimized for the use case where devices are switching frequently.

dave
Sluro

Post by Sluro »

First of all I´m very thannkful, because you had such a great idea.. #AudioLevel :o , but is there a way to stop this height limit? I´m using your Plugin together with the Monstercat Visualiser skin and for every other skin I testet, it was same .Here example: https://sendvid.com/ndbobfck (I´m sorry for the lags, I have a few problems with my cpu at the moment) I skipped through the posts on this article but I´m a beginner with rainmeter at the moment and my english isn´t quite the best... so I didnt understand anything hehe

would be cool if you could help me.

~Alex
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

Sluro wrote:First of all I´m very thannkful, because you had such a great idea.. #AudioLevel :o , but is there a way to stop this height limit? I´m using your Plugin together with the Monstercat Visualiser skin and for every other skin I testet, it was same .Here example: https://sendvid.com/ndbobfck (I´m sorry for the lags, I have a few problems with my cpu at the moment) I skipped through the posts on this article but I´m a beginner with rainmeter at the moment and my english isn´t quite the best... so I didnt understand anything hehe

would be cool if you could help me.

~Alex
You need to lower the sensitivity parameter. The visualizers you use may have an setting for that.
Sluro

Post by Sluro »

killall-q wrote:You need to lower the sensitivity parameter. The visualizers you use may have an setting for that.
I did. But now ,no bar is punshing accept for the "part for bass" (← I´m just calling it like this, because I dont know how I should call it else) and those are reaching the max height too.
mistic100

Post by mistic100 »

@dgrace I played a bit with AudioLevel2 for the waveform output and it's really awesome.

Do you have any plan to release it a separate plugin and publish the source ?

Actually I am a bit worried about writing files every 10 milliseconds, I can't find any information if this might be harmful for the SSD on the long term.

One great evolution in Rainmeter would be to allow Measures to return binary data and the Image Meter to use this data as bitmap.

---
edit: Te be sure a placed the skin on a RAMDisk and made a symlink to Rainmeter folder :-)
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

mistic100 wrote:One great evolution in Rainmeter would be to allow Measures to return binary data and the Image Meter to use this data as bitmap.
I agree - I actually implemented this in my fork, but the dev team couldn't come to a consensus that it was a good change to push into the master branch. You can grab my fork from here: https://github.com/dcgrace/rainmeter/tree/audiolevel_bitmaps_squash3

(Note: I haven't updated since Rainmeter 3.3, so you'll likely need to do some merging to make it work with the latest source)

dave
G_W1Z

Post by G_W1Z »

Using this with Apple Music. I see that the album art only shows if I downloaded the music locally. If I am streaming it, it doesn't show the art.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

G_W1Z wrote:Using this with Apple Music. I see that the album art only shows if I downloaded the music locally. If I am streaming it, it doesn't show the art.
This plugin has nothing to do with album art.

What media player and skin are you using? That is where there is a problem ...
rxtd

Re: New Plugin: AudioLevel

Post by rxtd »

dgrace wrote: November 25th, 2015, 2:48 am
Hi, dgrace.
Your plugin AudioLevel2 crashes when using Channel=Avg with Type=Waveform. And also when using any invalid channel. Could you fix it please?

Also, are you ever going to post sources of AudioLevel2?
TheMrDr

Post by TheMrDr »

Hey dgrace,

First, thanks for what you've done with AudioLevel2 so far, it's made for a very neat addition to my desktop.
I'm curious if you have an answer for what I'm trying to accomplish as I've been unable to make any progress as of yet.

I'm attempting to create 3 waveforms monitoring the same audio output, however I'd like for each to display a separate frequency range from the others. (lows, mids, and highs essentially)
Is this possible as the plugin is currently developed?

Thanks!