It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:49 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
iWilder

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by iWilder »

Awesome thanks!
fizik wrote:There is some documentation on GitHub, link see first post. Some things can be found inside the skin .ini itsel, and of course have a look inside the few files on GitHub.

I bumped my skin's plugin version to the latest 2.1.1 in skin version 3.1 and everything is working perfectly again - at least on my end. https://fuckyeahlucas.deviantart.com/art/Spotify-Control-working-Rainmeter-Skin-v3-1-594025385

@Dev: I hope you are still watching this thread? :) The plugin logs "invalid resolution" of the albumcover, although 640 should be still supported..? Moreover, if two skins use the plugin at the same time they confuse album covers.
LIGHTERS

Post by LIGHTERS »

Hey guys, i'm new here and in Rainmeter :welcome: . Could really use some help.
I'm trying to use this with the Monstercat visualizer, but it only show the first artist name.
Is it possible to make it show the name of all the artists involved on the track?

I'm using it to stream a playlist and i must give credit to all artists involved.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

LIGHTERS wrote:Hey guys, i'm new here and in Rainmeter :welcome: . Could really use some help.
I'm trying to use this with the Monstercat visualizer, but it only show the first artist name.
Is it possible to make it show the name of all the artists involved on the track?

I'm using it to stream a playlist and i must give credit to all artists involved.
I'll look into it ;-)
LIGHTERS

Post by LIGHTERS »

Thanks, cant wait :D :17good
Zernoxi

Post by Zernoxi »

Does the Album Art not work?
Vetsus

Post by Vetsus »

so i got this all to work with the most recent version 2.1.4. however, with repeat, i only get values of 0/1. github says 2 is also a value which is 'context', i assume that means 'all'. but it doesn't matter if i have that or single track, it only gives a value of 1. and then off is obviously a value of 0.
king0demons

Post by king0demons »

Alright, I saw somewhere that intermediate volume control was no longer possible, how true is this? I have been beating my head into the desk for days trying to find some kind of work around using extra measures doing calcs, calling variables no matter what I do it breaks every time and kills the volume entirely. I noticed the volume measures between 0-1.00 so logically you would just (MeasureVolume-0.05), The measure calculates properly according to the plugin, but when you call that as your volume argument it changes the volume to -0.05, Not only that but it locks you out of volume control entirely. Setting a button to do the same in calc in the positive direction will not respond. Is this due to a calc loop I am over looking?
Vetsus

Post by Vetsus »

i had the same issue you did. what i did to overcome this issue was i have a string that displays the volume percentage. so 0-100(even tho the measure only calculates 0.00-1.00

i then created an inputtext plugin measure where i can type in the percentage i want it to adjust the volume. so i can just type in '25' and it will set the volume to that.

here are the measures for my spotify media as well as the volume, then lastly one to calculate the percentage for the string meter to display the volume percentage:

Code: Select all

[MediaPlayer_1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
PlayerName=Spotify
DisableLeadingZero=1
Disabled=1
Group=Spotify

[Volume_1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
PlayerName=Spotify
Type=Volume
Disabled=1
Group=Spotify

[Volume_Calc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Volume_#mPlayer# * 100)
DynamicVariables=1

below here will be what i have listed for the string meter and inputtext to adjust it:

[Volume_Button_Toggle]
Meter=String
MeasureName=Volume_Calc
X=(#Scale# * 159)
Y=(#Scale# * 44)
W=(#Scale# * 55)
FontColor=#Outline_Color#
;SolidColor=255,255,255,150
FontSize=(#Scale# * 9)
PreserveAspectRatio=1
DynamicVariables=1
Hidden=1
ToolTipTitle=Player Volume at %1%
ToolTipText=Left click to adjust volume from 0-100.
Text=Vol: %1%
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure Volume_Button_Input "ExecuteBatch ALL"]
Group=Extension

[Volume_Button_Input]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText
X=(#Scale# * 159)
Y=(#Scale# * 46)
H=(#Scale# * 10)
W=(#Scale# * 25)
DefaultValue=[Volume_Calc]
FocusDismiss=0
FontColor=0,0,0,255
FontFace=Calibri
FontSize=12
InputLimit=3
InputNumber=1
SolidColor=255,255,255,255
StringAlign=Center
OnDismissAction=[!Refresh]
Command1=[!CommandMeasure "MediaPlayer_#mPlayer#" "volume $UserInput$"]
king0demons

Post by king0demons »

This is what I have been trying to do, I want it to adjust the volume by 5% depending on which button I interact with, up or down.

It will always lock me out of volume control if i hit volume down, and set the volume to 0

[MeasureVolume]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=Volume

[MeasureVolumeDown]
Measure=Calc
Formula=([MeasureVolume]-0.05)%100
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureVolumeUp]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureVolume+0.05)%100
DynamicVariables=1

[Less]
Meter=Image
ImageName=minus2.png
X=-15r
y=-6r
H=12
W=12
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasurePlayer" "Volume [MeasureVolumeDown]"]
DynamicVariables=1

[More]
Meter=Image
ImageName=plus2.png
X=93r
y=r
H=12
W=12
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasurePlayer" "Volume [MeasureVolumeUp]"]
DynamicVariables=1
Vetsus

Post by Vetsus »

yeah, i tried doing that as well with no luck. that's the only reason i'm sitting with what i have right now